Wifi quality?

dalownerx3

Earning My Ears
I'm currently on the 5th floor above the Spa and Fitness center and am disappointed with the wifi. The connection is poor (-80 dbm) and speed is only 1.6 Mb/s. I checked the hallway outside my room and am getting similar results.

Is this normal? If so, it's quite disappointing considering this is a Disney property.

Oh wow! I will be there in a few weeks! My teenage son will not be thrilled. Curious to see if this is the norm.

it was spotty for me the whole time. better on some devices than others, but not great.

In four visits to Aulani we've been happy with the Wifi speeds each time.

We spent 12 days at Aulani in June (Ewa 12th Floor). The wifi seemed to be decent in all the public areas but was a complete different story once you got up the the room. We ended up having to upgrade our wireless data package to cover us for the duration of the trip (gps also ate away at our data).

It was terrible in our room when we were there in July. Unfortunately I had work to do some work one evening on my laptop and it took me 5x the amount of time it should have because the connect was so slow.

I worked for a few hours each day in February and the wifi was amazing...we were in Eva tower, not sure if that made any difference.

I have a similar experience. I'm here now in Ewa tower and the room even has a network jack. Plugged in I'm getting:
0.48 Mbps down and 0.27 Mbps up.
Wifi performs the same and I have decent signal strength so it seems that the issue is not connectivity but just an overloaded network.
I've connected as early as 5am and as late as 10pm or so and it's always the same.

I just ran another test. It's 7am and I'm getting 4.26 down and 5.26 up which is the best I've seen so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter