• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge - water view room vs Deluxe studio?

Hali55DIS

Earning My Ears
Pros/cons of a Water view resort room vs a Deluxe studio in either Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge?

We currently have a water view room booked for a long weekend stay in June, but the Deluxe studios in both CC/BR just popped on the Disney website as available and cheaper than a WL resort room (odd??) for our dates and wondering if we should switch!

You will have all of the same amenities as it is all the same resort.
CCV and BRV do not have view types so it would be luck of the draw there.
The DVC Studios will only have 1 real bed. CCV will have a pull out couch in addition to the queen bed. BRV will have a murphy bed couch or pull out couch depending on the room as the higher floors they could not be installed because of the slope of the roof. BRV you will also have a twin flip down under the TV.

The studios will come with a fridge, microwave, toaster, plates, bowls and utensils and paper towels.
Resort room will just come with a beverage cooler that doesn't get as cold we are told as the fridges.
Resort room will of course come with 2 real beds unless you had the king option that would just have 1 bed.

For me, it would depend on the make-up of your traveling party. If it's only 2 guests, I would go with whatever is cheapest. BRV was recently refurbished, so that might be appealing to you. If there are more than 2 guests, I would go water view (2 queens) or BRV so you at least get a murphy bed. I wouldn't want to sleep on a sofa bed in CCV.

Pros/cons of a Water view resort room vs a Deluxe studio in either Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge?

We currently have a water view room booked for a long weekend stay in June, but the Deluxe studios in both CC/BR just popped on the Disney website as available and cheaper than a WL resort room (odd??) for our dates and wondering if we should switch!
WL water view room will have two queen beds and will overlook the courtyard/main pool.

Copper Creek deluxe studio will have a queen bed and a sofa bed.

The views and amenities are basically the same. The key factor is what is in the room.

For what it’s worth, we stayed in BRV studio #4560 in late August last year and it did have a Murphy bed, which was quite comfortable. This unit had no appreciable view though and we were only there for one night. The renovation at BRV is very nice!

The sofa beds in the CCV studios are absolutely awful. The mattresses are way past due for replacement. But it's nice to be in the main building. BRV is very nice, especially after the renovations. And if you get a studio at BRV with a pullout, at least they are new! And as others have said, there is no view category so you get what you get. Could be water, woods, or dumpsters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter