Will 7DMT wreck BBB hair?

Ladyandthepuppies

DIS Veteran
I could only get an early evening fast pass for 7DMT and a late afternoon reservation at Bibbidi Boppity Boutique. So essentially DD will have her hair done for maybe 2.5 hours before going on 7DMT. Any thoughts on if 7DMT will wreck it? It's her fave ride but she's very excited for BBB so ideally she'll do both... but I hate the idea of wasting the BBB $ if 7DMT will leave her hairdo a mess.

I also keep thinking maybe we'll catch some pixie dust and I'll find an earlier 7DMT FP to swap it for, but I feel like the odds are very minimal. Anyone had success doing that? It's for the first week in Dec which is going to be a little crowded...

They stopped using the strong hold gel about a year ago. Put some in her hair before going into the boutique.

Even without the strong hold gel I can't imagine much hair movement in the "doughnuted" top knot buns BBB is known for. To my way of thinking 7DMT is a mighty mouse type rollercoaster with lots of sharp turns and not as many steep drops/hair muss moments as say, Splash Mountain.

Even without the strong hold gel I can't imagine much hair movement in the "doughnuted" top knot buns BBB is known for. To my way of thinking 7DMT is a mighty mouse type rollercoaster with lots of sharp turns and not as many steep drops/hair muss moments as say, Splash Mountain.

My friend's daughter kept her hair in that style the entire week of their trip... one ride won't hurt it.

Omg, off topic because I read they stopped the hair gel, but seriously remember when your kid could practically shower and it stayed!?! Uhhh the 11pm shower where we both ended up soaking because my daughter couldn’t just pass out so we could deal with it in the morning ) I can’t blame her. My daughter made it through dinner and wanted changed and hair out!!

I’d bring some spray. The buns may hold, but the braided styles and clip on hair styles may come loose. Use some extra spray before riding.

Omg, off topic because I read they stopped the hair gel, but seriously remember when your kid could practically shower and it stayed!?! Uhhh the 11pm shower where we both ended up soaking because my daughter couldn’t just pass out so we could deal with it in the morning ) I can’t blame her. My daughter made it through dinner and wanted changed and hair out!!

YES! We cold not get that gel out of my daughter's hair. I think I washed her hair 3-4 times and still felt it wasn't totally out.

Take it from a figure skater's mom: the secret to removing gel is anti-chlorine shampoo, combined with the warmest water that will be safe. The trick is to wet the hair with warm water, coat it heavily with clarifying shampoo, and let the shampoo sit on the hair for 5 minutes before attempting to rinse it out, again with very warm water. Then repeat the process a second time.

Even strong hair gel isn't proof against Orlando's highly-chlorinated tap water, for that, you'd need to use Knox gelatin. (Which is what synchronized swimmers use on their hair. It forms sort of a stiff plastic helmet, and you need to add baking soda to your shampoo, or use a white vinegar rinse, to get it to break down.)

I could only get an early evening fast pass for 7DMT and a late afternoon reservation at Bibbidi Boppity Boutique. So essentially DD will have her hair done for maybe 2.5 hours before going on 7DMT. Any thoughts on if 7DMT will wreck it? It's her fave ride but she's very excited for BBB so ideally she'll do both... but I hate the idea of wasting the BBB $ if 7DMT will leave her hairdo a mess.

I also keep thinking maybe we'll catch some pixie dust and I'll find an earlier 7DMT FP to swap it for, but I feel like the odds are very minimal. Anyone had success doing that? It's for the first week in Dec which is going to be a little crowded...
NOTHING in the planet will wreck that hair!!!
Your daughter could hang her head out the window like a golden retriever in a speedboat and NOTHING will move. Bring tons of shampoo and conditioner, and plan on having sparkles found in the oddest places for the next 6 months! Lol

Update: she loved BBB and her hair stayed in place after 7DMT! Some of her baby hairs on the back of her neck came out but other than that it was fine. And I have a hilarious picture now of my Princess Rapunzel sitting front row on a roller coaster :rotfl:

Oh and also in case anyone is ever in a similar situation- I had no luck moving the fast pass reservation although I did try several times. The day we were there I asked the CM running fast pass if there was any way I could modify it with her for an earlier time since we had our BBB reservation later... I think on a normal day a CM might have tried to help but the wait time at that point was 2.5 hours (!!!) so no dice.

It was almost funny, the things that the poor CM was dealing with in that FP line. First there was a family that came up and said "is this where I get a fast pass for this ride?" as though the fast passes weren't long gone 60+3 days in advance... then there was a couple who came up and tried their magic bands but they flashed blue (no fast pass) and the guy angrily yelled "she didn't even put a fast pass on for this one ***!" And then there was me, trying to switch our fast pass time for the most popular time of the day. And that was all within 2 minutes, I shudder to think about how crazy it must be to work a full shift there!

Not only do they drown those hair styles in hairspray but they pull them super tight so I can't imagine 7 Dwarves could mess it up. It's not an aggressive ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter