Will a golf cart hold 4 adults plus a 5 year old????

WelcomeHome

Mouseketeer
Hi, we're 4 adults and a 5 year old child staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness. The golf carts are supposed to hold 4 people BUT we're 4 adults and a child. Can the child sit on one of our laps or do we need a 2nd golf carts for our cabin?????

Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Dave

As I understand it, the rule is 'butts in the seats!' Capacity is meaningless, so long as everyone is fully seated on the cart (no standing, lap sitting, etc...). We readily fit our family of 5, but that included 3 kids (12, 11 and 8). If two adults are small enough to fit with the 5yo on the seat, you will be fine - you have to be the judge of that.

I believe officially everyone has to be sitting (and proper headlights & taillights and max speed of 20mph and drivers have to be 16+, etc) but from my observations, there's absolutely no enforcement of it. I've seen kids drive, I've seen lots of lap riders, etc.

Can the child sit on one of our laps or do we need a 2nd golf carts for our cabin?????

1) You can probably fit the family into the cart.
2) If you are caught,
. . . you are forced to turn in the cart, and no refunds.
. . . I have seen serious offenders being asked to leave the park
3) But, the capacity is FOUR OCCUPANTS, unless you have a three-bench-seat cart.
4) Lap babies don't count as a zero, they are added into the total.
. . . it is too easy for the kids to fidget and they fall out of the cart
. . . it is too easy for the driver to be distracted and run the cart into something or someone
5) This is for your safety, as well as others.
6) SAFETY FIRST, convenience second !

People seated on others' laps quickly become projectiles when you suddenly slam on the brakes of a golf cart... I wouldn't take the risk with a child but YMMV...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter