Will dining plans be returning?

By all accounts (all of who know a lot more than me!) it is their most popular add on and one of their biggest sources of income so i would assume so

I hope it does.. for us the food and dining draws us back to WDW as much as the parks!

I am hoping it will be back for our trip, but not holding my breath. I think Disney will want to bring them back ASAP, but I don't know that restaurant capacity restrictions are going away any time soon. I don't think they will bring them back until they are at full capacity because they won't be able to guarantee everyone a seat for every meal.

I hope so we love the dining plan. that make out trip to WDW more like a vacation we can pre pay for everything so when we are they we can just enjoy ourselves and now worry about budgets, if our kids or us get hunger we can get a snack any time they want. Plus when it come to selecting your meals I like the ability to pick anything we want and knowing its all paid for so we can try new things

I am also one of those people who love to plan so having to make reservations a head of time and knowing that we have a place to eat at a certain time is a huge weight off of my shoulders instead of trying to find a place to eat at lunch or dinner and not getting in anywhere

I 100% see it coming back. They just introduced a 4th option before the parks closed. My assumption is they will open it back once capacity at the parks and the restaurants is opened at least back at 80%.

I also think that whatever changes Disney intended to modify/change will be implemented when it comes back.

It encourages everyone to eat on property (and not spend their money elsewhere) and has them not use all the food that they pre paid for.

That will be me then!
Me too. We use the DDP every year and love to have it pre-paid- whether that means we get too much food or not. I know that I wouldn't be eating $50 steaks every night if I had to pay that at the time. I am quite "ok" with paying in advance. It's a choice that we make well in advance and are very happy to do so. So from one of the "suckers" - I am glad it is an option.
FYI - it's my 2 cents but yes, it's coming back and my guess is that we will see it for 2021 - it is Disney's most popular and lucrative add on.

haha

I did it last trip as well. I went during food+wine though so sort of the exception. Not sure if it will be offered to even have a choice when we go next March.
I just like not having to budget for each day. I do do some research into seeing getting the most out of it and not wasting a snack credit on water/crisps. I dont mind having credits over for the mickey coconut & chocolate patties. 😋

We always make out so well on the dining plan. Financially it works for us, but the best part is not having to budget for food on vacation when we just want to enjoy and not have to stress over every penny. Disneyland doesn’t have the dining plan, and we found it difficult to stick to the budget. We ran out of money by the end of vacation.

We are planning on trying the deluxe DDP in July 2021. If they have not brought it back by then, we will be very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter