Will DVC let me sell a small membership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divine

Earning My Ears
Several years ago, I bought an Old Key West resale for 120 points. Turns out it was two memberships - one for 50 points and one for 70 points (I am now thinking that the seller had gotten these as add-on points). Do you know if DVC will let me sell the 70 point membership? Or would the buyer have to be an existing DVC member? Thanks for your insights. This is a great board....

You have 120 points (70 + 50) and you want to sell 70 leaving you with 50 points, or do you also have a larger contract in addition to those.

What shocks me is that when we bought Disney told us that 150 points was the minimum to buy in and it is apparent that some people may have bought resales that Disney didn't make people buy the 150 minimum.

But if they are separate contracts you can sell them.

The 150 point minimum is for DVC sales only. Disney would have to exercise their right of refusal to stop other sales less than that number.

You can certainly sell your contracts- Disney may ultimately buy it back or let it go thru as is.

Good Luck!

Please remember- there will be no FOR SALE posts on this site.
This includes offers to purchase also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter