Will MLB have to abandoned the shortened season?

I don't know but it isn't looking good. Most of the European soccer leagues managed to finish so it is possible but they also did a generally better job of controlling the virus so maybe we are just too far gone to salvage the season.

You're going to see more and more of the MLB players throw in the towel individually over the next few days. There already are some who don't want to risk their health and that of their families, and have opted out of the shortened season. If enough do it, they'll have to bag it. The Braves (Marlins last scrimmage) and Phillies (3 games over the weekend against Miami - including Friday night when at least 2 of the COVID positives played in the game) have to be very concerned right now. The Marlins must have no protocols in place - at least none that are being followed. 12 players? Come on.

Seemed like the NBA had a better approach with their 'bubble' - but even there, they've recently had players who felt they're above the rules they agreed to who snuck out to public places and bars. I agree - let's try 2021. No professional sports until it's safe for our kids to return to the physical classroom - a REAL priority.

I think calling 3 cases an outbreak is dramatic.

I think the season will be cancelled in about two weeks.

I believe the NBA should have a chance to finish since they were so far deep into their season. All other sports that didn’t start should just cancel the season and wait for next year. No need to start something that most likely will get cancelled.

ETA: ****as of this morning they were at 3 positives. (The news station I was watching said 3) Now it’s 12. Wow.

I also think if MLB can't finish than the NFL and the fall sports that haven't been cancelled already don't have a chance. I really think we should just stop and take over in the spring of 2021. I've found I really don't miss sports as much as I thought I would though July didn't feel right without the Tour to watch.

I think calling 3 cases an outbreak is dramatic.

I think the season will be cancelled in about two weeks.

I believe the NBA should have a chance to finish since they were so far deep into their season. All other sports that didn’t start should just cancel the season and wait for next year. No need to start something that most likely will get cancelled.

ETA: ****as of this morning they were at 3 positives. (The news station I was watching said 3) Now it’s 12. Wow.
It's 12 players and 2 coaches. I'd call that an outbreak.

Will MLB have to abandoned the shortened season?
Yes. For sure. Watching the total lack of social distancing in the dugouts over the past few days with both of our teams here in Chicago was ridiculous. Was also supposed to be no high-fiving, plenty was done. Spitting was supposed to not be done, plenty of that also. The players/teams are not following their own rules they agreed to.

I'd be amazed if they make it to August.

Yes. For sure. Watching the total lack of social distancing in the dugouts over the past few days with both of our teams here in Chicago was ridiculous. Was also supposed to be no high-fiving, plenty was done. Spitting was supposed to not be done, plenty of that also. The players/teams are not following their own rules they agreed to.

I want to know why only the coaches had on face coverings in the dugouts.

Yes, they'll have to cancel. They were having problems before they hit the road, now, forget it. I do wonder if they'll try and pivot and form a bubble somewhere. That was their best shot, to have formed a quarantine bubble somewhere in Arizona like they initially intended. Oh wait...but then things went downhill in Arizona. So, maybe just cancel the season along with everything else so we can try and move forward as a nation. Oh, and dear NFL: You're not going to be able to play/travel either, so please.......just don't.

NBA isn't far behind. They are in a bubble at WDW but one guy snuck out to a strip club for chicken wings and another snuck out for pizza. https://sports.yahoo.com/what-has-b...louwill-lemon-pepper-bbq-wings-162237418.html

This makes me more pessimistic about college sports this fall and winter. Unlike with the NBA "bubble" at WDW, college athletes probably can't "bubble" unless they're doing all their work online and staying hunkered down in an athletic dorm. The vast majority of college programs don't have the resources to do that. IMHO as they intermingle with their fellow students, it's going to become more likely you see an outbreak like the Marlins are experiencing.

NBA isn't far behind. They are in a bubble at WDW but one guy snuck out to a strip club for chicken wings and another snuck out for pizza. https://sports.yahoo.com/what-has-b...louwill-lemon-pepper-bbq-wings-162237418.html

Haha! Well, in his defense, the young man was given a permission slip to head home to Atlanta for his grandfather's funeral. He was so broken up about that loss, that he hit the strip club because, you know....the grief is real. Yeah, these leagues are full of very young, rich men who are accustomed to being able to do whatever they want, whenever they want. The virus doesn't care about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter