Will this get me through the "no bag" line at security?

ShellyKP

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of buying a small pouch/wallet that will hang on a lanyard. Would this be considered a bag or could I still go through the "no bag" line at the parks? It's only big enough to hold a couple of things. Phone, ID, pack of gum...stuff like that.

From what I've read on other posts about bags (and skipping bag lines), I think this would be considered a bag. IMO, it's no different than a man's wallet, or wallets in general. But I think the fact that it can hold a few things, and is on a lanyard, will qualify it as a bag. That's what's happened to others that I've read here. I'd love to hear from people who've used them --- I have one of these myself.

99% of the time that's going to be considered a bag. I say 99% of the time because we have seen the guards at AK let people through every once in awhile with those. I once even had to go through the bag line when I had a running belt on. It actually had nothing in it, I was carrying my phone and had my little fold type wallet in my hands. The guard saw the belt and insisted I go through bag check, I told her she could frisk me to see it was empty but she said she couldn't. My problem with it was that it was a slid over the hips one so I had to jimmy out of it (I was wearing a dress). When I went through the bag line the guard there looked at me like I was crazy, I just shrugged and said she made me do it. After that I wore the empty one under my dress and just went to the bathroom and pulled it over and put my phone and wallet in it. Looked like this: https://www.amazon.com/Stashbandz-R...GJG33RTNAHA&psc=1&refRID=Y0FDSSB6CGJG33RTNAHA

I use a Baggallini Bryant Pouch. It measures 6.5” tall, 4.75” wide, and 1.25” deep. What I did was put my phone in my hand and put this pouch in my back pocket. I had to take it out a couple of times as I went through the no-bag line, but I just said it was a wallet. I had to open it once. I don't know the dimensions of yours but thought I'd share my experience with mine.

Thanks all. I think I will not risk it. We're trying to make sure we can go through the no-bag line at HS in the early hours so we get into the park on time. Maybe I can load up my husband's cargo shorts. LOL!

What about one of those clear bags that can be used to take a phone into a pool? While they hang from a lanyard, they are completely see-through. It's literally a clear plastic phone case with a lanyard.

I'm thinking of something like this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 5.27.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 5.27.41 PM.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 3
What about one of those clear bags that can be used to take a phone into a pool? While they hang from a lanyard, they are completely see-through. It's literally a clear plastic phone case with a lanyard.

Wondering the same.

I would think if anyone in your party has a pocket large enough to hold it if you unclip it, you would be fine. I’ve never been asked to turn out my pockets at security.

I'm thinking of buying a small pouch/wallet that will hang on a lanyard. Would this be considered a bag or could I still go through the "no bag" line at the parks? It's only big enough to hold a couple of things. Phone, ID, pack of gum...stuff like that.

View attachment 473439
When are you going? If by chance you are going during the cooler months, jackets with a few inside pockets work just fine, or they did for us. It was wonderful having no bags.

When are you going? If by chance you are going during the cooler months, jackets with a few inside pockets work just fine, or they did for us. It was wonderful having no bags.

We'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'm expecting 80 degree weather, so no jackets. LOL!

I'm mostly trying to go "no bag" for our Hollywood Studios day so we can get through security faster and (hopefully) get those coveted boarding passes for ROTR! We're staying at Beach Club so we're not far if we decide to go bagless and then have to go back and get our stuff later.

I'm mostly trying to go "no bag" for our Hollywood Studios day so we can get through security faster and (hopefully) get those coveted boarding passes for ROTR! We're staying at Beach Club so we're not far if we decide to go bagless and then have to go back and get our stuff later.
I wear a nylon windbreaker jacket. It has zip pockets. In one zip pocket I fold up an empty string backpack. In the other pocket my wallet. I go through the no bag line holding my phone. I wear the jacket a while on a cool morning. Later in the day, the string backpack comes out of the pocket and I put my jacket in it and wear it. It provides a place for purchases etc, too.

Last edited:
It might depend on the security person, but I would think it would still be considered a bag based on prior experience. If you're able to load up the cargo shorts (lol), go for it. Things in coat pockets will work too, but obviously that may not work depending on the season/weather you're dealing with!

C300F542-07A0-4BB0-8E67-B90E6831F4AC.jpeg
i wore one of these every day back in August and never had to go through bag check so the clear thing may be okay but I’m not 100% sure.

Thanks all. I think I will not risk it. We're trying to make sure we can go through the no-bag line at HS in the early hours so we get into the park on time. Maybe I can load up my husband's cargo shorts. LOL!
Keep an eye on the lines when you arrive. Both mornings when we were there, the bag lines were shorter and moving faster than the no-bag line. So we jumped in a bag line and breezed right through. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter