Will this work

mommieto4

Earning My Ears
Dh and I are planning our first DW trip with our children in April 2002. My kids will be 8, 5, 4, and 1 when we take the trip. Just wondering .... since I have several months b4 the trip is it possible to buy park hopper passes one at a time? i.e. once a month when I get a paycheck? or do they have to be purchased at the same time. Also, I understand that it is better (and more economical) for me to make my own "package-deal" is this true? And finally, there is a possibility that we may be going with friends, they have three children...at the time of the trip...who will be 6, 4, and 2 mos. Should we look into renting a house for the week?

I continue to glean info off of this board, but also wonder if there are any "hard copy" books, phamplets, available that I will be able to browse for ideas.

Oh yeah, we are all travelling in our own vehicles (from WV no less,lol!)

Any insight as to where I should even BEGIN planning would be EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks !

~Darlene

Yes, you can buy hopper passes anytime. They don't expire.

This board is an excellent resource for planning your trip. You might also find my MouseSavers web site helpful -- it has information on how to saves on every aspect of your WDW vacation, from tickets to room rates. It is:

http://www.mousesavers.com

There is another excellent site run by Deb Wills that covers many details of WDW vacation planning:

http://www.wdwig.com

Hope that helps!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Buying your passes one at a time is one way to certainy take the "bite" out of their purchases. (It just doesn't SEEM like ALL THAT MONEY when ytou buy them one by one).

I wouldn't get a house and share. We travel frequently with family & friends. It seems to work out best if we each get our rooms (next to each other) at the same resort. Since tastes and budgets vary you do not nee to be with them 24/7. We find that making a general plan, agreeing on meeting times & places (like meals or shows) works best. We get to see each other but are note glued together. PLUS: SAMLLER GROUPS MAKE BETTER TIME THROUGH THE PARKS. (LOL)

I have always found it cheaper to purchase my own hotel and other costs than through a package.

Kepp watching these boards for lots of great tips.

For a "hard copy" I highly recommend Bob Sehlingers
"Unofficial Guide to Disney". I have read it cover to cover & highlighted lots of things in it. Can't wait for this trip with my new knowledge.

Yes, buying passes 1 at a time is great! That's what we're doing also.

We rented a house with friends and had a blast! It was fifteen minutes to WDW. It had three bedrooms and was about 2,000 sq ft. It was only $89 a night. A washer and dryer, pool, and full kitchen made it so nice! We could all spread out, where as in a hotel room (or even two) we always feel cramped. We'd get back from the parks, put the little ones to bed, and stay up to play cards and talk.

If you are close friends and get along well this is a great way to stay. Invest in a pair of motorola radios. If one family is slower than another to get ready, you can go ahead and catch up with each other later.

Most of the time you will do better NOT purchasing a package through Disney or a travel agent. You'll have to do some work but people on these boards have saved thousands on their trips.

Keep reading these boards and you'll find all the info you need...good luck!

Lucky~

Would you mind sharing where you rented the home from? And when did you go?

Our friends are VERY good friends, and as a matter of fact we take a "mini-vacation" away from the kids every fall.

I think it will work (we're all planning on our own itenerary's also, not doing EVERYTHING together,yk?)

Thanks~D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter