Will Universal ever get rid of paper tickets?

Are some of the hotels still using the door locks that you need to insert your card in? I've stayed at SF and PBH this year, and the locks operated like an RFID reader would. Kept my room key card sandwiched in the lanyard and just bumped it up against the reader. It's been a few years since I've stayed at any of the other resorts, and can't remember what card readers those rooms used.
Hmmm, it's been about 2 years since we've been and we last stayed at PBH and I swear we had to take out our cards every night when we got back to the room. And I know we needed it in the morning for early access.

Maybe I'm thinking of our last stay at RPR 3 or 4 years ago? Or maybe I am crazy.

This thread has inspired me to buy lanyards for our trip. I found a Ravenclaw one for my daughter, and my husband found some super hero that I am unfamiliar with. I'm going to search online for a Doctor WHo one for myself.

This thread has inspired me to buy lanyards for our trip. I found a Ravenclaw one for my daughter, and my husband found some super hero that I am unfamiliar with. I'm going to search online for a Doctor WHo one for myself.

Those Harry Potter lanyards are really cute.. I wish I had bought one.... I just used the lanyard that came with the photopass. Many photographers needed me to take out the photopass card from the pouch so I sandwiched the photopass in between two express passes. We also brought those water proof cell phone pouches with a lanyard so I let my daughter used that to keep her and her younger brother's express passes. Worked very well.

However, my non-Disney fan husband does miss the magicband.. He thought it just made everything simple.

If you need zip-close pouches, I found great deals on Amazon and Ebay. I got 5 pouches with "ziplock type" tops for $8

Don't want bands, but would really like a keycard with everything on it, sort of like the way Disney used to have it before the bands. Then you don't have to go to a bunch of different stations for everything and carry a bunch of paper. It got easier once you got used to it, but it would be nice not to have to carry room keys, park tickets, Express passes, and then HHN tickets.

Since Loews owns some of the hotels, don't see a one card valid for all happening anytime soon

HRH not owned by Loews or UO

Since Loews owns some of the hotels, don't see a one card valid for all happening anytime soon

HRH not owned by Loews or UO

Yep no reason it will ever happen........

Not a problem carrying things in lanyard......takes seconds to scan park ticket entering, show EP on ride or HHN EP tickets and carry room key..........no issues for us......simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!