Will you get the Covid vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
While I am happy that progress seems to be happening very quickly, I have to say that I am unsure whether or not I am willing to get this vaccine. Experts are saying it will be safe, but how do they really know? There could possibly be long term effects that no one is even aware of right now. This alone has me leaning towards not getting it for a good long time.

‘Thoughts?

Yes, I would and everyone in my family would as well. This was the first year DH EVER had a flu shot and it was HE that mentioned to me first that when the vaccine becomes available he wants us all to get it. I admit, I was impressed since I thought he might give me a hard time for suggesting it, go figure!

Yep, as soon as I'm eligible and don't have to wait in some ridiculously long line outside of a Walgreens. I look at it this way: The vaccine may have a small chance of an unknown side effect that may or may not show up for years, or even decades. Meanwhile, Covid causes known problems ranging from blood clots to strokes to long term disability that may impact my life right now. Since I doubt I can evade Covid forever, the elimination of a known short term risk is worth it to me when compared against the unlikelihood of some distant side effect that is statistically unlikely to even happen.

I'd rather have the good years now than worry about some distant future that likely will never even happen. (And heck, if the side effects take decades to show up, I'll probably be dead from some other cause by then, anyway.) If I put off the vaccine for years while waiting for more proof that it doesn't cause long term effects, the chances are much greater that I get covid in the interim and have issues from that. And in the meantime, I'll have given up any chance of a meaningful life outside of a quarantine bubble. It's vaccine 'ho for me!

Sure. While the timeline is highly accelerated, it certainly sounds as if the primary vaccine candidates have been through the ringer. Weren't a few of them stopped because of issues? At the very least, none of these Covid-19 vaccine candidates are live/attenuated vaccines, so there's not likely to be anything like the Cutter Incident.

I'm sure that everyone in my household will eventually get the vaccine. We are all in the last group, and I'll happily wait at the back of the line to see how it goes for everyone else. That is also our theory on returning to cruising!

Assuming it's either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, absolutely. From what I've read and heard from pharmacist friends, I'm a little concerned about the Astra Zeneca vaccine data and protocols. It may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread, but I'd prefer to take one of the others if I had a choice.

Yes, I will fight you for it!

After cancelling our trips to Hawaii and New York this year and starting the process to cancel our big graduation trip to London/British Isles cruise for next year I want it side effects and all so I can travel again in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter