Will you get the Covid vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

In real life most people I speak to don’t want to get the vaccine. I know maybe 2-3 people who want it. Everyone else is against it.
This is my experience too. Majority of my friends are very pro vaxx, but are very hesitant to get this vaccine. I only have 1 friend who is very eager to get it if her doctors approve it for her. The rest have a similar way of thinking to me. Wait a few years, then see.

I’m not completely opposed to it but I won’t be first in line. I’m in the last group anyway so it will be awhile. I only see myself getting it if it’s required for things I want to do like travel. Same with my kids. If it becomes required for school they’ll get it. I’m not so opposed that I’d fight it, but I’m not eager to get it.

It’s not that I don’t believe in science. I very much do! But we are constantly learning more and I worry about what we don’t currently know. On another thread things from 40 years ago were being discussed and a poster said well don’t you think we know so much more than they did back in the 70s. I’m concerned that in the 2050s they’ll be saying that about now.

Our family does get all of our standard vaccines. We will probably eventually get this one as I’m assuming it will be required at some point.

This is my experience too. Majority of my friends are very pro vaxx, but are very hesitant to get this vaccine. I only have 1 friend who is very eager to get it if her doctors approve it for her. The rest have a similar way of thinking to me. Wait a few years, then see.
Please don’t take this an attack, it’s more curiosity since you’re one of the few who said no. What expectations do you have of other people and precautions in these next few years while you wait? Do you expect that people will wear masks until you’re ready or are you ok taking your own personal precautions?

It's a no here. The Covid vaccine is a short term gain without looking at the long term effects on immunology. It's the same reason as a pro vax family we said no to the HPV vaccine. Covid is a virus, viruses are great at mutations and spreading. Our ancestors survived the 1918 Pandemic, youngest survived the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic, and we'll survive this one too. We will continue our own personal precautions. Would love to get the antibody test.

Yup. Rumor has it that work is going to eventually require it anyway.

I think those that don’t want to get it are going to find themselves excluded from many things in the future, Disney included. We have a Disney cruise scheduled for next November. I am guessing that all cruise lines will require it. I can say with certainty will be on it if there is a requirement and a decision will be made in July if it won’t be.

Please don’t take this an attack, it’s more curiosity since you’re one of the few who said no. What expectations do you have of other people and precautions in these next few years while you wait? Do you expect that people will wear masks until you’re ready or are you ok taking your own personal precautions?
I am in the "Do what makes you feel comfortable" camp. If YOU want to wear a mask, do it. If you don't, then don't. If you want the vaccine, get it. If you don't, then don't. I personally limit my interactions for extended periods of time. I have my group of family and friends I visit with. I wear mask if I have to, but I don't wear it if I don't have to. I wash my hands. If my allergy sniffles come in, I stay home just in case. I don't expect people to stop their lives. Do I think covid is real? I do. I know a few people who have had it. Do I think it requires forced vaccinations and complete shut downs? No. I honestly feel it is something we are stuck with. I don't take the flu shot, but I am hyper vigilant during cold and flu season. This is just something that makes me wash my hands a little more and eat a bit healthier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!