Will you get the Covid vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit off topic - is there a list somewhere describing the groupings?

I'm pretty sure I'm somewhere between the middle and top levels, but I haven't seen an actual list specifying what the groups are.

I think I remember reading in a different thread your kids had only been out a few times this whole time and you yourself not much at all and you were doing your part by staying home. While I respect the decision to not get a vaccine I wondered about your other part of your comment. Wouldn't be doing your part also be getting the vaccine? The medical professionals are all saying this in not so many words.

Will your kids stay shut in the home rarely getting out for potentially several years? I say that long because of getting the vaccine to everyone and things to ease up. And I don't want you to think I'm picking on you I just remembered your comment from a different thread and it made me think of this one.

Definitely not picking so no worries.

We’ve been home because DH has an essential job. He gets exposed to over 7,500 customers daily since this began. Since this started there has been only 2 positive cases at his work out of 360 workers in almost 9 months and no shutdowns. Travel for work has been reinstated company wide. Hand washing, disinfectant, and social distancing clearly works without a vaccine. TBH, it should be practiced every flu and cold season if not all the time. Due to the above we’ve recently loosen a bit, spent time outdoors, kids have hung out with their friends at the park, going to the store twice a week now.

Now if the vaccine was a cure sure we would be doing our part to get it, yet it’s not. It’s not 100% effective. Long term effects are unknown. It is unknown how long you’re protect for. It’s not like the tetanus/whooping cough vaccine where you know you’re protected for 10 years.

Viruses have mutations. Covid has had some new mutations. Plus there’s also many ethical issues surrounding the vaccine as well.

We are doing our part by taking precautions and not getting the vaccine because if everyone simply got the vaccine there wouldn’t be studies on those that didn’t. Grateful for those who are a yes to the vaccine because more studies on those will be done too. There’s different ways we can all do our part, yet the overall goal is the same.

Extremely interested in the anti-body testing. How long do those antibodies last compared to a Covid vaccine? What protections do those antibodies provide? Maybe those antibodies can be used to develop a 100% effective vaccine down the road.

When Covid first started testing wasn’t that available so scientists were testing waste water in our area and the results were 1000x more Covid was found in the waste water then actual tests.

I agree with you that we don’t know long term side effects with the vaccine, and it does concern me a bit, but we are 100 percent certain that COVID itself can and DOES cause horrific side effects in some people, so I’ll put my odds on the vaccine and give it a try. In addition to the people I know who flat out died directly from Covid complications, I also have noticed the amount of people I know who died of a stroke or heart attack this year has been about 5 times what it is in a normal year. I highly suspect at least some of these sudden deaths could have been due to covid (casing blood clots months later)

100% yes. We have a 1b member of our family. I’m a 4 so it will be awhile for me, but I’m chomping at the bit for DH to get it. The early data of 94% efficacy was much higher than I had expected—I was hoping for 50%. And the Moderna vaccine had a 100% rate at prevention of severe Covid. Obviously it’s early and these aren’t true challenge studies (since those aren’t really ethical to carry out on humans), so there are some variables in exposure and other behavior of the volunteers which may alter the true efficacy rate. But I’m rolling up my sleeve as soon as I can.

100% yes. We have a 1b member of our family. I’m a 4 so it will be awhile for me, but I’m chomping at the bit for DH to get it. The early data of 94% efficacy was much higher than I had expected—I was hoping for 50%. And the Moderna vaccine had a 100% rate at prevention of severe Covid. Obviously it’s early and these aren’t true challenge studies (since those aren’t really ethical to carry out on humans), so there are some variables in exposure and other behavior of the volunteers which may alter the true efficacy rate. But I’m rolling up my sleeve as soon as I can.

You mean you’re going to put more faith into people who actually know a thing or two about medicine over the Facebook docs?

Bold move. You must only wear The North Face apparel...clearly, an adventurer.

What is your definition of the rate being truly effective?
Whatever the experts say it is. What I have seen is that 70% or more of the population needs to have immunity, either through vaccination or previous infection.

I am not saying you should take precautions so I don't have to get the vaccination. I am saying we all need to (continue to) take precautions to reduce the spread, until such a time. I will continue to take precautions including staying home, wearing a mask for the foreseeable future. I just don't feel that because someone got the vaccination that they no longer need to take those precautions. A local doctor, who does a COVID radio show, mentioned on Monday that it may be possible for a person who has been vaccinated/has immunity to be exposed to COVID but not get sick but still shed live virus and spread the disease.

I truly do not have enough information to make an informed choice on whether the vaccination is right for me.

Whatever the experts say it is. What I have seen is that 70% or more of the population needs to have immunity, either through vaccination or previous infection.

I am not saying you should take precautions so I don't have to get the vaccination. I am saying we all need to (continue to) take precautions to reduce the spread, until such a time. I will continue to take precautions including staying home, wearing a mask for the foreseeable future. I just don't feel that because someone got the vaccination that they no longer need to take those precautions. A local doctor, who does a COVID radio show, mentioned on Monday that it may be possible for a person who has been vaccinated/has immunity to be exposed to COVID but not get sick but still shed live virus and spread the disease.

I truly do not have enough information to make an informed choice on whether the vaccination is right for me.
Fair enough.

I would hope most would wait until the majority are vaccinated - or can be vaccinated. I do think it’s unfair if there are enough doses for everybody, but enough don’t get it that we don’t reach that threshold (going off 70% for now), to expect those who did get it to continue to take the precautions to keep those who didn’t get it safe. I also think it’s unrealistic. Once it’s been announced there are enough vaccines for everybody who wants one, I imagine most will drop the other precautionary measures. But then I guess it’s up to those who aren’t vaccinated to make some choices for themselves.

I understand that are people who legitimately can’t get it and it’s much more serious, but in general, I equate it to a group project where others expect somebody else to carry their weight.

Definitely not picking so no worries.

We’ve been home because DH has an essential job. He gets exposed to over 7,500 customers daily since this began. Since this started there has been only 2 positive cases at his work out of 360 workers in almost 9 months and no shutdowns. Travel for work has been reinstated company wide. Hand washing, disinfectant, and social distancing clearly works without a vaccine. TBH, it should be practiced every flu and cold season if not all the time. Due to the above we’ve recently loosen a bit, spent time outdoors, kids have hung out with their friends at the park, going to the store twice a week now.

Now if the vaccine was a cure sure we would be doing our part to get it, yet it’s not. It’s not 100% effective. Long term effects are unknown. It is unknown how long you’re protect for. It’s not like the tetanus/whooping cough vaccine where you know you’re protected for 10 years.

Viruses have mutations. Covid has had some new mutations. Plus there’s also many ethical issues surrounding the vaccine as well.

We are doing our part by taking precautions and not getting the vaccine because if everyone simply got the vaccine there wouldn’t be studies on those that didn’t. Grateful for those who are a yes to the vaccine because more studies on those will be done too. There’s different ways we can all do our part, yet the overall goal is the same.

Extremely interested in the anti-body testing. How long do those antibodies last compared to a Covid vaccine? What protections do those antibodies provide? Maybe those antibodies can be used to develop a 100% effective vaccine down the road.

When Covid first started testing wasn’t that available so scientists were testing waste water in our area and the results were 1000x more Covid was found in the waste water then actual tests.
Thank you for answering and I appreciate your response :flower1:

Absolutely yes. But I am an adult with no risk factors so I will be in the last groups to get it.

It depends. Trust me this has been our thought. I honestly feel forcing vaccinations will end in a lot of backlash. I think it was ticketmaster tried tying the covid vaccine to purchasing tickets. They got a lot of backlash and had to walk it back. I assume that this would probably happen to a lot of places if they tried to force vaccines.
please don’t post falsehoods
That is not what Ticketmaster said. I suggest you read their website.
if course I will get the vaccine. Tomorrow if I could.
I want to travel and see concerts and live life.
The long term effects of having Covid are scarier than a vaccine

Monday I talked to a nurse who is hesitant to get vaccinated because of possible side effects. She thinks the medical community should NOT all be vaccinated at the same time in case there's problems that would reduce the work force that's already overworked and stretched to the breaking point.

Since DH and I are seniors and not in the best of health, we'd like to get the vaccine asap.

Monday I talked to a nurse who is hesitant to get vaccinated because of possible side effects. She thinks the medical community should NOT all be vaccinated at the same time in case there's problems that would reduce the work force that's already overworked and stretched to the breaking point.

Since DH and I are seniors and not in the best of health, we'd like to get the vaccine asap.
Her concern is something I have wondered about.

I work for a hospital. We are supposed to be one of the first hospitals getting the vaccine this month since we are my areas primary covid treatment center. The first ones that’ll be vaccinated are docs, nurses and support staff that deal directly with covid. Our CMO has already stated vaccinations will be staggered due to these same concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter