Windsor Palms- quieter than Windsor Hills?

nessz79

DIS Veteran
A few years ago, we stayed in a WH townhome that had rave reviews. Although we were satisfied with the townhome, what we really did not like is our very noisy neighbors that were up until 1 or 2 in the morning next door. Also, we noticed a lot of noisy spring breakers that were checking in at the gate when we arrived. Although it was a popular spring break week, we weren't expecting the partiers in a neighborhood setting.

We will be doing a condo on our upcoming trip in March 2018. It will be the same dreaded week (but it's the best one for us, too). We are considering doing Windsor Hills again with the hope that condos are quieter (fewer bedrooms in units). However, also considering the idea of Windsor Palms.

Is Windsor Palms noticeably quieter than WH, or is it a general draw? I know WP is older and doesn't have the same recreational facilities, but that would be fine with us.

I haven't stayed in WP but I have never experienced any noisy neighbors in the condos at WH and we have rented three times there. This past time we were there in June.

We've stayed in Windsor Palms numerous times. I only recall one time when we had noisy neighbors and that was in a single home. The house behind ours had a loud, late pool party one night. I might have called the police - I don't remember for sure.

Between town homes and condos, I would think you're odds are better with a town home since you have nobody above you and only 2 immediate neighbors (one if you rent an end unit). With condos, there are multiple units, somebody above you unless you're on the top floor (in which case somebody below you) and the corridor that connects the 4 units.

I've never stayed at Windsor Hills but have no reason to think one is better than the other. I think it's just a luck of the draw sort of thing that you can't possibly know until you get there. It's sort of like a hotel in that regard. You can't control who checks in next to you.

If your budget allows, your best bet would be a single home. Even if you get a noisy neighbor, at least you're not sharing a common wall with them.

I think our thinking last time was that a townhome would be our best best. However, the way the lanai/pool areas are designed, if noisy neighbors are on their lanai and you are on the 2nd floor of your townhome, it's like they are right outside your window. There is a wall between the lanais but it is only up to the 2nd floor and then sound insulation is nullified after you go upstairs.

I agree that it is probably luck of the draw, but was hoping condos might be better since there aren't as many bedrooms and therefore it's less likely for the late night parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!