Wine and Dine 2015

ZellyB

DIS Veteran
I've scoured the forum and can't find that a thread for Wine and Dine 2015 has been started yet.

WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon
November 6-7, 2015
Registration opens March 17, 2015

Hi,

I'm Gisele and I'm a RunDisney addict. After participating the last 3 years in Marathon weekend, we have decided not to go in 2016. :sad: Once I accepted this, I started finding myself getting twitchy and restless without having a RunDisney race on my calendar. If I'm not prepping for a Disney race, what will keep me motivated? And, no, the local races I do don't count. :rolleyes1

I've had my eye on Wine and Dine as a desired race for some time now and without Marathon weekend in my sights, this seems like a perfect year for it. I told my husband that I think I have a problem. He agrees. :o

So, anybody else thinking about Wine and Dine in 2015?

Sounds like fun. We just did WDW Marathon weekend in January and find the Disney races to be addicting.
My wife said she would like to do Wine and Dine. Has anyone done it that can share more details about the experience?

I've been waiting for the W&D thread to start, thanks Giselle

I'm targeting November to complete my coast to coast, just did star wars last month and had a blast. That was my second 1/2 and 4th runDisney race in the 15 or 16 months that I've been running. People always ask what I run for, and I always say for me( seems selfish but without runD , i would still be glued to my couch). Can't wait to get back to WDW, I was there for the Tower of Terror in November. I'm in CA near Anaheim and AP holder just for the early registrations on the events, being able to visit the parks is just icing. :)

I too am targeting Wine & Dine for my Coast 2 Coast (did Star Wars in Jan).

Can't wait for registration to open!

Mr. Dis_Yoda is running this.

I'm going to do the 5K in the morning & drink during the Party in the Parks.

Sounds like fun. We just did WDW Marathon weekend in January and find the Disney races to be addicting.
My wife said she would like to do Wine and Dine. Has anyone done it that can share more details about the experience?
I did it in 2013 and 2014. :) My favorite half course at WDW.

I also did the Jingle Jungle 5K both years.

2013 report: http://www.disboards.com/threads/fl...2013-wine-dine-1-2-marathon-complete.3221322/

2014 report: http://www.disboards.com/threads/in...rt-oh-wowee-wow.3221167/page-29#post-52643616

Does anyone know how much the W&D was last year and the host resorts? TIA!!
I think it was $185 last year.

I pulled up my receipt and with the race registration + race pin + taxes/fees my total was $214.55.

Host resorts last year...
  • All Star Movies
  • All Star Music
  • All Star Sports
  • Pop
  • Caribbean Beach
  • French Quarter
  • Riverside
  • Boardwalk
  • Saratoga Springs
  • Yacht & Beach
  • Polynesian
  • Wilderness Lodge

ME!! It will be the second leg of my Coast-to-Coast!

We'll be staying with my parents until the day of the race (I grew up about 10 minutes from Downtown Disney and my parents still live there), but will splurge and move to either Boardwalk your Yacht & Beach the night of the race.

So excited for this one, as I'm a night owl and NOT a morning person!

I think it was $185 last year.

I pulled up my receipt and with the race registration + race pin + taxes/fees my total was $214.55.

Host resorts last year...
  • All Star Movies
  • All Star Music
  • All Star Sports
  • Pop
  • Caribbean Beach
  • French Quarter
  • Riverside
  • Boardwalk
  • Saratoga Springs
  • Yacht & Beach
  • Polynesian
  • Wilderness Lodge

Thanks for the reply! It looks like all the BWV studios are taken for race weekend. I wanted to know other DVC resorts I should be looking at trying to book.

I'll be there! I'm staying at PO Riverside and it will be my very first trip to WDW. I did the TinkerBell half in January 2014 at DL, so this will only be my second runDisney race. :) I'm really excited to train harder this time - running the whole thing is my goal.

I have my fingers crossed that they will do the Castaway Cay Challenge with the Wine and Dine. I want to plan my WDW, DCL, DL ultimate trip this year....

We are thinking of staying at Shades of Green for this trip. Does anybody know if they run bus service from SoG for the Wine and Dine?

No - you have to go to Poly to catch the bus from SOG. It kind of stinks, because coming back at 3-4am you have to walk from Poly to SOG. Best bet is to take a cab.

No - you have to go to Poly to catch the bus from SOG. It kind of stinks, because coming back at 3-4am you have to walk from Poly to SOG. Best bet is to take a cab.

Well, that's a bummer, but we can manage I'm sure. We might end up renting a car anyway, so that's one more thing to consider when we make a decision.

I will be running with my teenage son. He was supposed to do TOT 2014, but deferred. When they announced there would be no TOT 2015, they allowed those who deferred to choose a different race, and he chose W&D. :) He also did Star Wars a few weeks ago, so he will earn his C2C!!!

Does anyone happen to recall the expo hours for Saturday, before the race? I'm trying to plan out our strategy for maximizing park time + minimizing the time he will have to take off school...the fact that Veterans Day is on a Wednesday this year (his school will have that off) is complicating things a bit.

Thank you for starting this thread! I'm also planning on running this event. :) I ran the TOT run last year and loved the night run... Well, traveling from the west coast, it felt more like 7:00 pm ;) Run, Food and Wine... My kind of event!

Great to see some others here planning on the race. I'm very curious to see how I'll do on a night race. I always run in the mornings and usually very early mornings, so a night race will be new for me. But, I love the idea of running through the parks while it's dark out and everything is lit up.

Yep, I'm in for another - hopefully less WET! - Wine & Dine! 2014 was my first and I loved it, even with the monsoon, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!