Wine and Dine...to the Finish Line! Fall 2017 TR NEW 1/25 The Last Day - THE END!

Thanks! It was a really fun night although we did spend half of it waiting..waiting for charaters, for fireworks, for the parade. Gotta get used to a lot of waits!
I will be sure to get a SoTMK card at the party! If I do I'll send it over to you :)
You're the best!!! :)

Not sure if you follow Kenny the Pirate, but he offers incredible tips and tricks and touring plans for parties. Our two MVMCP were incredible successes without all that excessive waiting due to his brilliant planning :) (except the dwarfs....we always go super early and stake out our spot so we can be among the first to meet them as the party begins) Good luck!!! I know you'll do great, no matter what!

I was replying on my phone earlier which is not as easy :) Love your costumes and how dedicated Steve was! Also, you say he wears whatever is there in the most haphazard way? Wait until I get to the next day in my wedding TR, where I will tell you Zack realized he had FORGOTTEN he had a whole other week's worth of shirts :confused3 How do you forget that?

I love the HM photos! Was the Tangled lantern busy at the party? I want to do that one on our next trip... so far the one night we saw it out in January the line went all they way to HM. I'm hoping it won't be bad at DAH in a couple weeks.

I'm really excited to see the fireworks from inside the park, since I liked it so much more than I expected from BLT/Cali Grill last year.

I had to chuckle at Rachel's comment about meeting you celebrities, because I was like hey I recognize @OhioStateBuckeye from around the boards! :wave2:

It does go by really fast...I am not sure what to do this year, I definitely want to watch the fireworks and parade, and maybe do more rides. I have done meets with Seven Dwarfs and Jack and Sally before so I can probably skip the crazy lines for those, but I would really like Elvis Stich but I heard his line was 3 hours long at the beginning of the party. Sheesh.
The popularity of Elvis stitch has shocked me :) I guess I didn't expect that. I got some help working out a plan on the MNSSHP Itinerary thread - I wish I'd known about it for MVMCP! I feel better that I have an idea for what to do this time.

Just got caught up again. Have an amazing trip tomorrow!! Your plans looks fantastic! I wish we'd managed to catch a few days of the FoW fest. Those passholder gifts are adorable :)

Aack so far behind but have to stop for now so wanted to comment before I have to go:
I LOVE your descriptions and explanations of food-especially the cultural perspective from Morimoto Asia - we had lunch there last year and it was a favorite of all all of us!
I also just googled the drink recipe to see if it can be recreated at home!

My thinking so far is either Nomad Lounge, California Grill lounge (for the fireworks view since it rained the last time I ate there :() or Jock Lindsey's Bar.

For sure Nomad Lounge should be a stop - the best drinks, including a favorite non alcoholic one, the Jenn's Tattoo. They also have a great small plates menu as well.
Definitely Nomad-it is easy to engage in other guests if you wish, or just chill alone if you desire. We have never met a stranger there!
Jock Lindsay's is a favorite of mine as well, but definitely more fun with companions. Cali grill would be neat but I am more comfortable at Nomad's...

I had to chuckle at Rachel's comment about meeting you celebrities, because I was like hey I recognize @OhioStateBuckeye from around the boards! :wave2:

The popularity of Elvis stitch has shocked me :) I guess I didn't expect that. I got some help working out a plan on the MNSSHP Itinerary thread - I wish I'd known about it for MVMCP! I feel better that I have an idea for what to do this time.

Hello!

Did you get your itinerary sorted??

I haven't been on the itinerary thread too much because Fox has that well in hand.

Safe travels!! Looking forward the report! Love last years costumes!!
All this talk of MNSSHP is making me 2nd (&3rd and 4th) guess our decision to not attend this year and instead concentrate on Universal...But it is DD's bday trip and she is "Disney'd out" #parentfail.

We waited close to 40 minutes for Goofy, but that's because he took a break.
We walked right up last year-in fact we spent tons of time with him as NO one else was around.

We went on only one other ride that night....BTMRR!
You didn't get HM???? With all the spooky extra specialness? and empty stretching rooms where the gargoyles whisper? and the CM's all dolled up like cadavers/ghosts? OMG we can't be friends anymore :rotfl:

the Seven Dwarfs were insane. We at least got to see the parade, the fireworks, and the Hocus Pocus show,
Well the parade/fireworks/and show are what make the party. Sounds like you had a great spot

We went the Tuesday after Columbus day last year. Our party was great-I think because of the extra party (special Columbus day extra monday night party) our party wasn't packed. We also watched the second parade (after double checking no rain forecast), and show. We hit rides and characters in furthest areas of park first, then 2nd parade/show, then some trick and treating, less popular characters, magic shots, HM x 3 or 4, did wait for Talking mickey about 30 minutes. waited til last 1 to 1/12 hours of party and went to Storybook circus-Donald, daisy, , minnie, goofy all with very minimal or NO waits and 1 (yes ONE) person in line ahead of us for 7 dwarfs. We heard people complaining about lines on way back to resort and my DD and i were like "what lines"? We did not do Jack and Sally as that line never shortened.

I also know to at least eat early or otherwise all the QS places will be closed. I think this year they have more food options but I have to double check.
We ate at Kona cafe with ADR ~230pm. Perfect timing to hop monorail over for getting in at 4 (I had AP and DD CM pass to get in earlier but rest of our travel party only had the party tickets.). DD had parked at Poly (yes-do not kill me-the security guard let her-we specifically said we were going to the party after ADR and we would move the car and he said we didn't need to-wonder if it was cuz DD was a CM? we parked in a further away spot though-guilt). So I had to get some food on way back too because there isn't much substantial food at MK on party nights without wasting ton of time.

Hope you have a great time!!

OK I'm finally posting about our time at last year's MNSSHP

Yay!

and we return this Monday, Sept 3rd for our second time around!

Man! That's like.... now!

This was our very first time at MNSSHP

Wasn't it great?!?!? I love MNSSHP. I'd go every year if I could.

So I was relieved to see MK still had the Halloween decorations up! Because it would be weird if it transitioned to Christmas too yet still had a Halloween party.

That would be just... weird.

Although that may be a kinda cool Nightmare Before Christmas theme...!

Then again.... not a bad idea! :laughing:

3MtIjlw9AiRfdpjAN8bnrZEKRXSsRYyGmhIyJncno-fE7HkI0YvoEs_nsH52OeOMWSm9Bix6mvgsZbcCvQyJNH5iLADXtvu4033CYyiwunoX93o5i1fUBmBKfImRfWJTIqCcQjbyAZxZPypIfTuVVrjuUJeSHVoTFBmlQPCWZo_aJQDADlIUJas3X7v8b0ltZRxG3K5N2o1GBmdC_H0xlvOX9mQB8RA7oNcOMeVxvU_wFLzB1P96tri3tTnSW88faj_q0ZkJSQkgJKT2Vq4WE0ZC5Rhi4XHajTopXpP4iMQxjOF_0bf0pj7jfQmS1Fx9dVIuHmOeyEvtlTG3WzY4iJocyrKV0H-3YOYc8-8VHO4J1DZGKvgKg6jDlO2ZymJpxVtNg7HpBW0RZvMjpBIW_0IKI_afEP3mMWUlMUh5TtoSSFO4vlYz2E7qXKwjkgLMtpWKkNN48Qlh4EozISxwF3ntyjNpuzFvBlFxTKWiroKrpaw_YCy5dK1pU2YnrhmzNWPGqaer_o9Gr90FJuTSe_kTigkLHIo0WTYn5bjEV5bZdm_G4FHhi1BbLiGo4xTsKurZU3ice-lwLBqupV5xWfI1QegZQEYGt4Glc4oT0Fj-C_hOrZ1DCCLa9z1N2P44=w408-h611-no

Awww... you guys look great in your costumes. :)

But do you see how he rolled up the cuffs of his pants instead of just tucking them into his boots? That was all Steve. He googled a picture of Prince Eric, and he said, well this is how he wears his pants, so i'm gonna do that too. Usually he pays ZERO attention to that kind of detail and will just wear whatever is laid out for him in the most haphazard way so the fact that he did that made me feel like he was being a good Disney fan. #proud

Way to go Steve!

I am wearing a corset now, but it was not that comfortable, obviously, so I took it off after the first hour. No corsets in Disney! :rotfl:

Oh, for sure. I've never worn a corset that I feel comfortable in.

I've never worn a corset, so.... that's the truth.

We're gonna put some of her tips to good use on Monday!

Such as? Just curious. You never know when I'll be able to go again... but I want to!

Nice costumes. Two very different takes on Ariel. :)

The parade was a lot of fun. The gravediggers are the best part

They are good.... but my personal fave is still the Headless Horseman.
You didn't miss him did you?!?!?!? :eek:

It's a very hard parade to photograph because it's so dark and everyone moves very fast!

Yep. Tough one.

we even had enough space to sit on the grass!

Nice!

The Hallowishes fireworks are really cool because they are the 360 style fireworks which they only do on special holidays and parties. It was my first time watching it ever and it was great!

They are, IMHO, the best fireworks Disney puts out.

our goal was to go meet Ariel with Prince Eric of course!

Of course!

Great shot!

We went on only one other ride that night....BTMRR! The wait time wasn't so bad at all. Maybe 15 mins?

That's not bad at all!

Love this shot!

Jafar was questioning my footwear choice.

Dude knows his footwear.

And I rolled my eyes at him (with my eyes closed, duh) :rotfl:

:laughing:

You do have to choose between doing rides, or doing pictures/character meets as they both will take up some time.

::yes::

we made do with a Dole Whip for now.

"made do".......... :faint:

Always love this shot. :)

it was so cool to see all the villains come out!

The lines for Jack and Sally and the Seven Dwarfs were insane.

Yep. Been there. Done that. Won't do it again.

So I guess pizza it is for our anniversary dinner! :lovestruc

Nothing wrong with that. :)

See Ya Real Soon!

Have a great trip!

Your trip sounds like it will be amazing. I can't wait to read about it.

That little cutting board is so cute and I love how you put it on your spreadsheet!

You guys did quite well for your first MNSSHP. I hope the weather holds out for you at the party next week.

Safe travels!

[QUOTE="Monykalyn, post: 59685668, member: 519897"
Definitely Nomad-it is easy to engage in other guests if you wish, or just chill alone if you desire. We have never met a stranger there!
Jock Lindsay's is a favorite of mine as well, but definitely more fun with companions. Cali grill would be neat but I am more comfortable at Nomad's...[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am definitely leaning more towards Nomad. I think I like the vibe better. Plus I think California Grill would be more of a hassle.

Despite not having a plan, you had a pretty successful night! Your costumes looked amazing! And you got some great photos with the characters + awesome magic shots!

Can't wait to hear how this year's party turned out for you :-D

You are there RIGHT NOW!!!! Holy cow, I'm so excited for you!!

I loved all of your photos from last year's party and am super pumped for my trip coming up soooooon!! WOOT! I love your magic shots and am thinking I may take time to snag a few of those this time. We shall see. Regardless, yes! The fireworks are amazing; best ones on property. And that parade! So amazing!

You're there now, I hope that you meet up with Karin, Tom, Jill, Pam and her Mom!

You are so right about strategy, and I think if I ever go to the party again we'll go by ourselves or I'll go solo. I want to concentrate on characters and you'll see in my update of our party last week that we didn't do any characters at all. Not that I didn't have a good time, but I think if I want to accomplish anything that I want to do I need to go by myself or with just Fran.

You guys got some great pictures with characters and some awesome magic shots! Yeah, decent food is a problem at the party. Most protein oriented restaurants close down towards the beginning of the party.

I hope you've taken your knowledge from last year to good use for tonight!

You're the best!!! :)

Not sure if you follow Kenny the Pirate, but he offers incredible tips and tricks and touring plans for parties. Our two MVMCP were incredible successes without all that excessive waiting due to his brilliant planning :) (except the dwarfs....we always go super early and stake out our spot so we can be among the first to meet them as the party begins) Good luck!!! I know you'll do great, no matter what!

Yup we did have Kenny to help us with the character meets. It was mostly for my sister who waited 2 hours for the dwarfs. Steve and I decided not to do character meets this year as it took up all our time last year. We did more rides and got some magic shots instead.

I was replying on my phone earlier which is not as easy :) Love your costumes and how dedicated Steve was! Also, you say he wears whatever is there in the most haphazard way? Wait until I get to the next day in my wedding TR, where I will tell you Zack realized he had FORGOTTEN he had a whole other week's worth of shirts :confused3 How do you forget that?

LOL I love how Zack packs. He has a hidden compartment for extra shirts? it's like that bag in Harry Potter which can store everything but looks like a clutch.

I love the HM photos! Was the Tangled lantern busy at the party? I want to do that one on our next trip... so far the one night we saw it out in January the line went all they way to HM. I'm hoping it won't be bad at DAH in a couple weeks.

Did you get to do it that night? We got it towards the end of the party and the line was very short. Last year the line was much longer.

I'm really excited to see the fireworks from inside the park, since I liked it so much more than I expected from BLT/Cali Grill last year.

Haha did you end up watching from the area in front of Casey's? We got a nice seat and view, didn't see you guys though but it was very dark!

We did not attempt Elvis Stitch. Steve and I only got 1 character picture. The rest were just Magic Shots but my sister got the 100 acre wood characters and the dwarves so she was pretty happy about that, although that took up half the party time.

Just got caught up again. Have an amazing trip tomorrow!! Your plans looks fantastic! I wish we'd managed to catch a few days of the FoW fest. Those passholder gifts are adorable :)

Thank you!! We sure did!
The passholder gifts are really cute, I'm so glad they had the cutting boards. :)

I LOVE your descriptions and explanations of food-especially the cultural perspective from Morimoto Asia - we had lunch there last year and it was a favorite of all all of us!
I also just googled the drink recipe to see if it can be recreated at home!

You're welcome! I'm happy that there is this option in Disney!

Have a great trip! Is this the first official DVC one?

Nope, we used the labor day special for this trip, it's usually the cheapest we can get the deluxe resorts. I used my DVC for the first time during my June solo trip at SS. Our next official one is in January for AKL and Poly!

Safe travels!! Looking forward the report! Love last years costumes!!
All this talk of MNSSHP is making me 2nd (&3rd and 4th) guess our decision to not attend this year and instead concentrate on Universal...But it is DD's bday trip and she is "Disney'd out" #parentfail.

Thank you!
Oh No, Disney'd out?!? Maybe it's because she actually had to work there. LOL. Maybe over time she'll miss it even moer!
We walked right up last year-in fact we spent tons of time with him as NO one else was around.

That's amazing!

You didn't get HM???? With all the spooky extra specialness? and empty stretching rooms where the gargoyles whisper? and the CM's all dolled up like cadavers/ghosts? OMG we can't be friends anymore :rotfl:

We rode it before the party! LOl
and are you sure you're not talking about Disneyland's version of HM? Which is far superior to WDW during Halloween! :rotfl:

Well the parade/fireworks/and show are what make the party. Sounds like you had a great spot

We went the Tuesday after Columbus day last year. Our party was great-I think because of the extra party (special Columbus day extra monday night party) our party wasn't packed. We also watched the second parade (after double checking no rain forecast), and show. We hit rides and characters in furthest areas of park first, then 2nd parade/show, then some trick and treating, less popular characters, magic shots, HM x 3 or 4, did wait for Talking mickey about 30 minutes. waited til last 1 to 1/12 hours of party and went to Storybook circus-Donald, daisy, , minnie, goofy all with very minimal or NO waits and 1 (yes ONE) person in line ahead of us for 7 dwarfs. We heard people complaining about lines on way back to resort and my DD and i were like "what lines"? We did not do Jack and Sally as that line never shortened.

You probably went at the best day of the year! We had low crowds but the characters still had long lines. The Parade and Fireworks we managed to get great spots and all the rides had very low waits.

We ate at Kona cafe with ADR ~230pm. Perfect timing to hop monorail over for getting in at 4 (I had AP and DD CM pass to get in earlier but rest of our travel party only had the party tickets.). DD had parked at Poly (yes-do not kill me-the security guard let her-we specifically said we were going to the party after ADR and we would move the car and he said we didn't need to-wonder if it was cuz DD was a CM? we parked in a further away spot though-guilt). So I had to get some food on way back too because there isn't much substantial food at MK on party nights without wasting ton of time.

Hope you have a great time!!

You had the right mindset! We ate at Mama Melrose for lunch although it wasn't as late as we wanted it to be. And we did end up eating a bit at the party this time so I wasn't hungry LOL.

Wasn't it great?!?!? I love MNSSHP. I'd go every year if I could.

It was great!! This year was better because we just chilled and did rides and weren't in super long lines for characters.

Awww... you guys look great in your costumes. :)

Thank you!

Oh, for sure. I've never worn a corset that I feel comfortable in.

That is too bad. But I guess you don't need a waist cincher.

Such as? Just curious. You never know when I'll be able to go again... but I want to!

Watching the parade and fireworks from a certain spot - we did the exact same thing this time and it was perfect!

Nice costumes. Two very different takes on Ariel. :)

Yup!!

They are good.... but my personal fave is still the Headless Horseman.
You didn't miss him did you?!?!?!? :eek:

Of course not! Yes agreed, it's the best part!

They are, IMHO, the best fireworks Disney puts out.

Yes I agree, although I have not seen New Years.

Love this shot!

Thanks!

Have a great trip!

Thank you! (We did!)

Your trip sounds like it will be amazing. I can't wait to read about it.

That little cutting board is so cute and I love how you put it on your spreadsheet!

You guys did quite well for your first MNSSHP. I hope the weather holds out for you at the party next week.

Safe travels!

Thank you!
Haha I really wanted that cutting board. I did not get it on that day on my spreadsheet but I think we got it a day or two later.
We were so worried about the weather during the party last week...it was raining all day...but I'll just leave you in suspense! :)

Despite not having a plan, you had a pretty successful night! Your costumes looked amazing! And you got some great photos with the characters + awesome magic shots!

Can't wait to hear how this year's party turned out for you :-D

We lucked out a bit and learned some stuff for this year's party! And it paid off :)

It was great!! This year was better because we just chilled and did rides and weren't in super long lines for characters.

I won’t do that again. I did it strictly for my TR. But won’t again.

That is too bad. But I guess you don't need a waist cincher.

Oh, that I do.

Of course not! Yes agreed, it's the best part!

Yes I agree, although I have not seen New Years.

I have. And it was spectacular.
And Hallowishes was better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!