Wine & Beer - Logistics

MrsD78

Earning My Ears
Hoping for some help in figurine our the best way to go about getting wine & beer before our cruise.

We are flying down the day before and went with a Fly,Snooze,Cruise package with GOPortCaaveral so we will not have a rental car. Other than using Uber or taxi to get to a store are there any other options? I will be traveling with my husband, in laws and our 4 kids so the less complicated the better ;-)

***Edited to add we are flying into MCO and staying at Hampton Inn Airport Gateway

thank you!

Last edited:
Hoping for some help in figurine our the best way to go about getting wine & beer before our cruise.

We are flying down the day before and went with a Fly,Snooze,Cruise package with GOPortCaaveral so we will not have a rental car. Other than using Uber or taxi to get to a store are there any other options? I will be traveling with my husband, in laws and our 4 kids so the less complicated the better ;-)

***Edited to add we are flying into MCO and staying at Hampton Inn Airport Gateway

thank you!

I just happened to stay at the Hampton Inn Gateway the night before our cruise last week. When we were riding the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, the driver shared that they would also transport us any place within a 2 mile radius of the hotel for free. He specifically mentioned that if we wanted to go someplace to pick up beer or wine, he'd be happy to drive us.

I just happened to stay at the Hampton Inn Gateway the night before our cruise last week. When we were riding the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, the driver shared that they would also transport us any place within a 2 mile radius of the hotel for free. He specifically mentioned that if we wanted to go someplace to pick up beer or wine, he'd be happy to drive us.
Perfect! Thank you so much for the information! That is 1 less thing to worry about!

I've also packed wine in checked luggage before with no problems. The bottles are surprisingly resistant to bumps and they are packed better in a suitcase surrounded by clothes than when they are delivered to the store.

Beer or anything carbonated may have a chance to burst depending if they pressurize the cargo area or not.

We ended up renting a car but decided to just pack wine bottles in our luggage which we then switched to our carryon bags to board the ship. We packed the wine in wine diaper bags we bought on amazon. They worked great. And I can use them for our next cruise.

I think that Publix will also deliver for free. There might be a minimum, and you might have to use the app, but I know that someone in a previous cruise group of mine had beer, wine and H2O delivered that way.

I always bring the little mini 6 oz bottles of wines that come in the plastic bottles. Obviously that doesn't give you a huge selection of wine, but I like the barefoot brand. I pack thiese wherever I travel.

I always bring the little mini 6 oz bottles of wines that come in the plastic bottles. Obviously that doesn't give you a huge selection of wine, but I like the barefoot brand. I pack thiese wherever I travel.

Since DCL limits you to 2 bottle of wine no more than 750 ml, it looks like your wine wouldn't last very long

each bottle is 180 ml. I take on 8 bottles. Do the math.

The way the DCL rule is written, you are limited to 2 bottles of up to 750ml a piece. They could limit you to two 180ml bottles. If you've gotten away with it before, count yourself lucky because DCL doesn't "do the math" when it comes to total milliliters.

The way the DCL rule is written, you are limited to 2 bottles of up to 750ml a piece. They could limit you to two 180ml bottles. If you've gotten away with it before, count yourself lucky because DCL doesn't "do the math" when it comes to total milliliters.
Lucky for me DCL employees can do second grade math. Rather insulting to say they can't. I don't think I'm getting away with anything. Not breaking any rules on the amount of wine that can be brought on. If DCL is ok with it I really don't care what anyone on the disboards thinks. Rules are rules, but there's also this thing called common sense.

Lucky for me DCL employees can do second grade math. Rather insulting to say they can't. I don't think I'm getting away with anything. Not breaking any rules on the amount of wine that can be brought on. If DCL is ok with it I really don't care what anyone on the disboards thinks. Rules are rules, but there's also this thing called common sense.

I didn't say DCL couldn't do math. I said DCL doesn't. There is a difference. And this isn't about what the Disboards thinks. It's what the written DCL policy is:

Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.

It doesn't say you can bring on up to 1,500ml of wine. So that's great if you've been allowed to do this before. But be prepared, there may be a time when the person checking the bottles in your bag may adhere to the written policy and only allow you two of your 180ml bottles.

I didn't say DCL couldn't do math. I said DCL doesn't. There is a difference. And this isn't about what the Disboards thinks. It's what the written DCL policy is:

It doesn't say you can bring on up to 1,500ml of wine. So that's great if you've been allowed to do this before. But be prepared, there may be a time when the person checking the bottles in your bag may adhere to the written policy and only allow you two of your 180ml bottles.
If you're that bothered by it. Take it up with DCL. Write them an email and tell them people shouldn't be allowed to bring 1500 ml of wine in anything other than 750 glass bottles. Make sure you tell them to watch out for Cruiser21. Honestly I'm not going to be prepared it for I've done this for 20 cruises and never had a problem. I doubt I ever will. I'm not going to get in a silly argument about ml and rules. Like I said if it bothers you that much take it up with DCL. Yes 2/3 of my cruises have been since the rule change.

but what if it's a 1.5L BOX of wine? ... or 8 small foil-lined box-like containers of wine?

Just kidding :)

We each take two 750 ml bottles of wine with us. Once it's open, it's finished within the night so we dont need smaller portioned bottles. We also purchase the smaller wine package in addition to our 4 bottles (which are usually champagnes) ... if necessary, we re-fill in port 8-)

but what if it's a 1.5L BOX of wine? ... or 8 small foil-lined box-like containers of wine?

Just kidding :)

We each take two 750 ml bottles of wine with us. Once it's open, it's finished within the night so we dont need smaller portioned bottles. We also purchase the smaller wine package in addition to our 4 bottles (which are usually champagnes) ... if necessary, we re-fill in port 8-)
I've also taken the boxed wine. The only reason I suggested this to OP is because it's a great alternative if you don't have a car or the time to shop before your cruise. It's easy to pack, the small bottles and boxes don't break, are light weight and easy to fit in a carry on when you board the ship. Unfortunately there is no easy way to pack beer.

If you're that bothered by it. Take it up with DCL. Write them an email and tell them people shouldn't be allowed to bring 1500 ml of wine in anything other than 750 glass bottles. Make sure you tell them to watch out for Cruiser21. Honestly I'm not going to be prepared it for I've done this for 20 cruises and never had a problem. I doubt I ever will. I'm not going to get in a silly argument about ml and rules. Like I said if it bothers you that much take it up with DCL. Yes 2/3 of my cruises have been since the rule change.

Oh for heaven's sake! I'm not bothered if you take all your wine in tiny bottles. Knock yourself out! What I was trying to get across was that there is a written policy and you could find that one day DCL chooses to enforce it as written. I'd hate for people to read your posts, think they are within the rules, and then be surprised when they aren't allowed to carry on their wine in that manner. From what I've witnessed, they are currently quite lax at screening, but that doesn't mean that will change.

Oh for heaven's sake! I'm not bothered if you take all your wine in tiny bottles. Knock yourself out! What I was trying to get across was that there is a written policy and you could find that one day DCL chooses to enforce it as written. I'd hate for people to read your posts, think they are within the rules, and then be surprised when they aren't allowed to carry on their wine in that manner. From what I've witnessed, they are currently quite lax at screening, but that doesn't mean that will change.
If this ever happens I'll be sure to let people know, but as far as I'm concerned I'm not breaking any rules.

Here's another equation: wine is now available in 375ml cans. Available in a four pack and six pack.
Disney also has a policy that someone at least 18 years old has to be booked in a room. As we all know Disney doesn't care how you sleep when you get onboard. Disney is assuming that parents have enough common sense not to have a 3 and 4 year old sharing a room by themselves. Policy's are generally guidelines as long as you stick to allotment I don't think Disney really cares if your wine is in bottle, box or can. I would like to think security is more concerned with finding hazardous materials and weapons then how your wine is packaged.

. . .I would like to think security is more concerned with finding hazardous materials and weapons then how your wine is packaged.

I dunno...the could save a lot of people from drinking bad wine. Look at you, Cupa De Vino...

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter