Wine&Dine 5k Bib pick up

Aela

DIS Veteran
My Family (husband, daughter and myself) are wanting to do the W&D 5k. The sign up is next week, and I just realized that my husband won’t be able to fly out Thursday evening early enough to get his Bib before Friday am. My daughter and I will fly out Thursday morning, and he will join us Thursday evening. He is a professor and has to teach a class Thursday till 3pm. He can’t skip it.

Am I correct that I will not be allowed to pick up his bib? If I bring his paperwork and a copy of his drivers license? (We have the same last name)

Or can he pick it up Friday morning before the run? I am really bummed about the possibility of missing this.

Last edited:
Can he pick it up at the tent before the 5k? (Friday morning)
Yes, he can pick it up the morning of the race (Friday) at the runner information booth - he will need same ID (driver's license) as expo and they can get busy so plan to be up earlier to get his bib so you can get to corrals on time. They will not have shirts there - you need to go to the expo after the race to get his shirt. We've had to do this in the past for the same reason - late flights and unable to get to expo the night before.

Can he pick it up at the tent before the 5k? (Friday morning)

Yes, he can pick it up the morning of the race (Friday) at the runner information booth - he will need same ID (driver's license) as expo and they can get busy so plan to be up earlier to get his bib so you can get to corrals on time. They will not have shirts there - you need to go to the expo after the race to get his shirt. We've had to do this in the past for the same reason - late flights and unable to get to expo the night before.

Keep in mind that the emergency bib pick up is not advertised or guaranteed. They usually have it available to deal with travel emergencies, but they will not confirm it to be available or not for any given race/weekend.

I have to wonder if more and more people plan on "emergency" pick up and it get's more crowded, if Disney will stop it altogether? Or at least require proof of the emergency (like show that you had a flight that was delayed by many hours?) I certainly wouldn't be willing to risk it; if I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to the bib pick up, I wouldn't register for the race.

I have to wonder if more and more people plan on "emergency" pick up and it get's more crowded, if Disney will stop it altogether? Or at least require proof of the emergency (like show that you had a flight that was delayed by many hours?) I certainly wouldn't be willing to risk it; if I knew I wouldn't be able to make it to the bib pick up, I wouldn't register for the race.

This is RunDisney. What they will see is another way to pull more money out of runner's and charge some ridiculous price for 5k morning packet pickup.

This is RunDisney. What they will see is another way to pull more money out of runner's and charge some ridiculous price for 5k morning packet pickup.
True.

I'd actually pay a fee to have my packet mailed to me or available at my resort when I arrive. I never buy anything from the vendors at the expo, and for Marathon weekend it took us several hours just to go to packet pick up. I'd absolutely be willing to pay up to $100 to have my packet, shirts, and pre-paid merchandise available for pick up at the front desk of my resort. Even a higher fee, I'd strongly consider it.

Well since my husband can’t make the Thursday pick up, I guess we’ll need to cancel.

That really sucks. We did Marathon weekend in Jan and we all got sick, and the entire trip sucked, so I was hoping for a re-do, since we had a bounce back active. Oh well :(

But what they do so far is tell you that it’s not guaranteed and might not happen.

True.

I'd actually pay a fee to have my packet mailed to me or available at my resort when I arrive. I never buy anything from the vendors at the expo, and for Marathon weekend it took us several hours just to go to packet pick up. I'd absolutely be willing to pay up to $100 to have my packet, shirts, and pre-paid merchandise available for pick up at the front desk of my resort. Even a higher fee, I'd strongly consider it.

They did it for one race weekend. (Maybe two?) And stopped it.

Disney charges an arm and a leg to the vendors, and I think they must have complained. It’s already not a given that anyone will go to the vendors, since they have the three buildings now (one for rundisney merchandise, one for bibs, one for race shirt/vendors, though they have the shorts alllll the way in the back so you have to pass by a certain number of vendors to get your shirt), but bypassing the situation altogether is likely unacceptable to those paying a ton to be there.

OP, we were in what felt like the same situation, except that we had already booked the race. Dh decided to do what he thought was impossible, and took the extra hours off, and it worked out. With this long of a lead time, surely he can work something out?

Or maybe he can sign up to volunteer for the 5k, since I think our volunteer info person here said that credentials can be picked up that morning. Or he can be your cheer support. Or gamble that race morning pickup will continue to be available.

Unfortunately he can’t cancel class for vacation, they frown on that. He doesn’t have a normal job, he can’t “take a day off work” like most people can.

Although his students might love it.

They did it for one race weekend. (Maybe two?) And stopped it.

Disney charges an arm and a leg to the vendors, and I think they must have complained. It’s already not a given that anyone will go to the vendors, since they have the three buildings now (one for rundisney merchandise, one for bibs, one for race shirt/vendors, though they have the shorts alllll the way in the back so you have to pass by a certain number of vendors to get your shirt), but bypassing the situation altogether is likely unacceptable to those paying a ton to be there.

I don't think it will happen for all races for exactly that reason but since the 5K is the first day and most 5Ks out there don't have expos like the longer races I could see it as feasible for the logistical reasons of travel. I don't see it as an option for the longer races for exactly the vendor reason you stated.

I just called today and asked before signing up for the 5k. They told me there are bibs available for pickup but get there earlier than normal for pickup. We have a long trip down and will be cutting the 7pm expo closing close.

I just called today and asked before signing up for the 5k. They told me there are bibs available for pickup but get there earlier than normal for pickup. We have a long trip down and will be cutting the 7pm expo closing close.
And don't forget your signed waiver and an ID!

Well, we ended up canceling our trip due to the fact he wouldn’t arrive until late Thursday.

We are going to Disney in Feb 2019, for a conference. I just really wanted to go to Food & Wine.

Well, we ended up canceling our trip due to the fact he wouldn’t arrive until late Thursday.

We are going to Disney in Feb 2019, for a conference. I just really wanted to go to Food & Wine.

Bummer. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!