With Infinity ending, any word on Playmation?

hauntedcity

DIS Veteran
My kids and I have a blast playing Playmation. I'm very worried about the longevity of the game right now, with Infinity discontinued, and sale prices on Playmation everywhere (check out the deals on Amazon).

A Google search returns very little. Has anyone heard about the future of Playmation? Any luck for the announced Star Wars and Frozen sets, or is this another casualty of closing the game development group?

As long as the app continues to work, we can at least keep playing and upgrading our gear.

Just in case anyone else has the same question, the Playmation Facebook page is still alive. They posted last week that "we’re currently reviewing plans for the next iteration including timing and pricing."

So there's still a chance! I hope they come out with the planned Star Wars version, but this time at a more realistic price point.

My kids and I have a blast playing Playmation. I'm very worried about the longevity of the game right now, with Infinity discontinued, and sale prices on Playmation everywhere (check out the deals on Amazon).

A Google search returns very little. Has anyone heard about the future of Playmation? Any luck for the announced Star Wars and Frozen sets, or is this another casualty of closing the game development group?

As long as the app continues to work, we can at least keep playing and upgrading our gear.

I just found Playmation for $20 at Target so I thought I'd give it a try for Christmas this year. But, do we really need two sets? If so, it looks like the glove one looks more fun than the Hulk hands so two of one set or one of each?

And is it discontinuing? If it does, is this stuff I just bought now worthless? Any advice/thoughts?

I just found Playmation for $20 at Target so I thought I'd give it a try for Christmas this year. But, do we really need two sets? If so, it looks like the glove one looks more fun than the Hulk hands so two of one set or one of each?

And is it discontinuing? If it does, is this stuff I just bought now worthless? Any advice/thoughts?

I still haven't heard anything official, but the game is still fun to play! I've gone ahead and snagged all the figures, and even some of the rechargeable battery packs.

As for repulsor vs. Hulk hands: One child is repulsor all the way. The other one likes the Hulk hands most, but she says her hands get sweaty, so she likes to mix it up with the repulsor. I personally like the Iron Man repulsor the best. I'd say go with that, and if you guys really love the game, you could get the Hulk hands pretty cheaply later.

I still haven't heard anything official, but the game is still fun to play! I've gone ahead and snagged all the figures, and even some of the rechargeable battery packs.

As for repulsor vs. Hulk hands: One child is repulsor all the way. The other one likes the Hulk hands most, but she says her hands get sweaty, so she likes to mix it up with the repulsor. I personally like the Iron Man repulsor the best. I'd say go with that, and if you guys really love the game, you could get the Hulk hands pretty cheaply later.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the "real" perspective instead of the marketing hype in the online descriptions. I think this will be a fun alternative to the Wii U games. And for $20, worth it for some entertainment.

Disney has laid off almost all of the workers on the playmation project. They have officially stated they are putting further production on hold. They have not stated anything further and have not said whether they will start production again. Apparently the sales were very low. That said, if you like playmation, buy everything you don't have now while it's on sale. Even if it is discontinued for good, you'll already have everything you need and can continue to enjoy playmation.

Жалко, что все так, иногда получались очень хорошие игры.

Sorry to poke an older thread, but this makes my heart so happy. I worked on Playmation (support/help site) and I always thought it was a bummer that it didn't take off. A lot of folks were confused and thought it connected to their console somehow, and some were disappointed at how much imagination was required. They definitely utilized some of the old Playmation tech for that new Spider-man attraction in DLR though. Cool to see it continued in some way.

Sorry to poke an older thread, but this makes my heart so happy. I worked on Playmation (support/help site) and I always thought it was a bummer that it didn't take off. A lot of folks were confused and thought it connected to their console somehow, and some were disappointed at how much imagination was required. They definitely utilized some of the old Playmation tech for that new Spider-man attraction in DLR though. Cool to see it continued in some way.

It's so cool to hear from a Playmation person! We haven't played for a few years, since the app died, but I guess we could always just fire up a repulsor and zap some villains for old time's sake.
I noticed the tech at DCA, as well, and immediately thought of Playmation. If I ever make it out there again (fingers crossed), maybe I'll wear an old (Mark 1?) repulsor, just for fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!