WL king room

Lou-Ann

DIS Veteran
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me a king room they prefer at WL. Hubby likes to look out at the geyser. We are non smokers. 6th floor has just become smoking I understand on the North side. Thanks guys. This is for our 25th Anniversary trip and I would like it to be extra special......Also.....has anyone ever has a massage done there?? Is it terribly expensive? Was it worth it??

Lou-Ann
We've stayed in room 6037 and it was wonderful. We had a terrific view of the pool, the geyser and Bay Lake. This was in '95 and I know it was non-smoking then. I guess if 6th floor is now smoking you could ask for the 5th floor (my guess would be room 5037). I've never had a massage there so I can't help you on that.

Congratulations on your anniversary! 25 years is terrific!!

We had a King room, which was handicapped accessible( no real difference, except for the shower, which was wonderful!), number 1024. The first floor location was terrific, quiet, very convenient to the lobby, pool, boat dock etc. We overlooked the otter pond and could see the MK fireworks!! We would choose it again in a heartbeat and really preferred the location to the higher floor where we stayed previously.:D

The "otter pond' is on the north side of the lodge and is probably our favorite thing about the WL. There is always at least 1 otter trolling for fish in the morning and evening and a large variety of birds that visit daily. DS, now 9, loves watching the wildlife there so much that it is often difficult to pull him away to go to the parks in the morning!

Which is the North side of the Lodge?? We stayed in Feb at the Villas, biked over the Ft. Wilderness and were all through the back of the property by the water and pools, etc. I didn't see any otter.

Hubby says it was February, too cold for otter! He's just trying to get out of seeing me book our next trip because I missed the otter!! Little does he know i'm looking for any little excuse to go back, ha,ha!

So indulge me where is the otter pond?

If I forgot to clarify which was "north"- it is the wing past Roaring Fork and the laundry room. No, February is not too cold for otter, as that is when we were last there and the little wiskerered fellow was very active!

DW and I had room 1027 which is also on the North side but it faces the pool. It was a handycap accessible room so we had the big shower and no tub but neither one of us use a tub when on vacation anyway. The good thing about the room being on the first floor facing the pool, was we could go out of our balcony (patio since on ground) and right to the pool. Did not have to go through the lodge part at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter