WL, Touring Plans room request for standard/former woods view?

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
Thinking about transferring to a standard from a courtyard view and was trying to look at the room request on TP. I know there is no longer woods view and they are considered standard. I'm guessing I can look up woods view on TP (they don't come up under standard yet on TP) and just request one of those w the 2 queen option.

Would there be a problem with requesting something through TP that does not technically match the word description of the current category name (standard vs former woods). Hope that all makes sense.

You can pretty much write whatever you want in the fax that touring plans sends so you don't have to call it what their room finder calls it.

I was wondering the same thing. I heard there were no more woods view but I’m wondering if it was because construction or they will continue to be considered to be standard view.

So far the Woods View category has not been re-introduced at WL. Many keep thinking it will at some point (with maybe TPV added for some rooms on that side) but so far everything it’s still Standard View.

I literally *just* did my room request for a stay in 4 days at Poly and I just picked a random room and then was able to delete it when I configured the fax. So, you'll be abel to input whatever you want.

Also, just a side note - We were in 2 standard rooms at WL in 2015 that were great! Can't imagine spending more for a different view.

I literally *just* did my room request for a stay in 4 days at Poly and I just picked a random room and then was able to delete it when I configured the fax. So, you'll be abel to input whatever you want.

Also, just a side note - We were in 2 standard rooms at WL in 2015 that were great! Can't imagine spending more for a different view.

Thanks! I can't get a discount available for our current courtyard selection and I'm totally ok w saving $500 for a standard view. Though I'd prefer not over and ugly roof if possible! Was just going to put "over otter pond" and higher floor, open balcony as preferences. Unless there's a better way to phrase that area.

Actually last time we stayed courtyard it was more woods view! There was a huge tree just feet away from our balcony right in the middle of it. All those trees have grown so much compared to when we 1st started staying there.

I am having a difficult time finding a King Bed room courtyard view on Touring plans, They are only listed as garden and woods view. We selected courtyard view with a pincode to get the king bed option but I am thinking maybe they don't have many and I am paying for courtyard view for nothing and will get the two double beds with no view anyway.

I am having a difficult time finding a King Bed room courtyard view on Touring plans, They are only listed as garden and woods view. We selected courtyard view with a pincode to get the king bed option but I am thinking maybe they don't have many and I am paying for courtyard view for nothing and will get the two double beds with no view anyway.
There are very few king beds at WL and there is no guarantee that you will get one with any booking.

For std view, I'd request 4th or 5th floor over otter pond... should give you decent views of fireworks.

The good news is that there's no way to get 2 double beds at WL. The 2 bed rooms all have queens.

Also, the TP website is notorious for having incorrect bed types listed. I wouldn't go off of what they show when determining how many rooms of any bed type are in existence at a resort.

So if I am booked for a standard room at WL I can request one of the former woods view rooms?

Yes. Our favorite is "higher floor" and "facing MK". You get an awesome view of the fireworks from those rooms.
And now that they have only 1 wing, ALL standard rooms face MK, though only higher floors can actually SEE MK over the tree line.

For std view, I'd request 4th or 5th floor over otter pond... should give you decent views of fireworks.
Do 5th floor have dormer/solid balconies? I want to avoid those. Really dislike those balconies. We got one once with courtyard view and hated not being able to see out when sitting down. But my daughter loved it for the privacy *sigh* so didn’t go down to ask for different room.

Do 5th floor have dormer/solid balconies? I want to avoid those. Really dislike those balconies. We got one once with courtyard view and hated not being able to see out when sitting down. But my daughter loved it for the privacy *sigh* so didn’t go down to ask for different room.
The fifth floor rooms have open balconies. :)

The dreaded dormer balconies are on the seventh floor and on the 6th floor of the lower wing.

Good afternoon: Does anyone know if any of the rooms at the WL have 2 queens and a murphy bed? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!