Woman Gives Birth to Twins at 58

olena

<font color=green>Emerald Angel<br><font color=mag
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A 58-year-old Israeli woman has given birth to twins after receiving fertility treatment.
Israeli medical authorities said Samira Elias, a retired history teacher, was the oldest woman to give birth in Israel, breaking a record set several years ago by a 53-year-old.
"I may be the oldest person to have given birth in Israel but I am the happiest woman in the world," Elias was quoted as saying in the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper on Monday.
A 2.375 kg-(5 lb 2 oz) boy, Elias, and a girl, Solva, weighing 2.155 kg (4 lb 8 oz), were born by Caesarean section in hospital in the northern Israeli town of Nahariya on Saturday. They are her first children.
A resident of Sweden, where she lives with her Swedish husband, Elias told reporters she underwent fertility treatment in Cyprus and returned to her native Israel to give birth so she could be near her family.
According to the Guinness Book of Records, the oldest woman to give birth was an Italian, who had a baby boy in 1994 at the age of 63.

Everyone has their opinions on this, my first thoughts.... there are 2 new beautiful souls on earth, and God Bless them.

So she'll be 78 when they are seniors in high school. Their friends will be asking them "How come you live with your GRANDMOTHER?"

Its a dumb idea.:rolleyes:

I do not agree with this. It takes a lot of energy to take care of a kid, nevermind twins. How does she think she's going to raise these kids? I'm 35 and my kids wear me down, I can't imagine how I would feel at 53 raising kids. Like goofygirl says, she'll be 78 by the time they're seniors, that is, if she lives that long:rolleyes:

A lot of children live/are raised by their Grand Parents. Just visit any elementary school.

This was obviously her choice and I wish her much happiness. :)

I wish her all the happiness in the world and I am glad it is her and not me.

If this is something she wanted, then more power to her! It's not something I would do at that age.

If this is what she wants, I happy for her. I'm sure she'll be a great mother.

I like being the grandma, come visit, stay over for a few days, come on vacation with me. Then go home. :)

I love children, but the thought of 7, 24's would drive me nut at my age.

I think the saying been there, done that, hopefully not doing it again fits very well into my lifestyle. :)

My Mom was 40 when she had me... the year my oldest brother graduated from high school.

I went through all of my K-12 years with people asking why I lived with my grandparents.

I would never do this to a child!

However, I love my parents dearly and they did a great job raising me. :p :D :p :D

selfish and irresponsible to me....as one said, she will be in her SEVENTIES, if she makes it, when they are in High School.

I was 42 when I had my little surprise (but it was a welcomed surprise!) He's now 16 months old & I'm physically exhausted by the end of the day just running after him, keeping him safe!

That poor woman is happy now but once they start walking, she will be singing a different tune! God Bless her & give her the strength she'll need to keep up after them!

I guess the writer if this news story does not count Biblical persons - Sarah in the book of Genesis was 90 when she bore a son to Abraham. Were they in Israel? I know they were Jews.

Bless this woman's heart - at 58 I hope she has a lot of stamina.

My DW at 49 says more power to her, it won't be happening in this house!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter