Wonder - August 21, 2017 - 7 night Alaskan cruise

ChipNDale86

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I just put down our deposit for the 7-night Alaskan cruise on August 21 - 28, 2017.

We are so excited! This is our second DCL cruise; cruised on the Fantasy this past January and having been dying to go again.

My boyfriend has been on a RCL Alaska cruise but this will be my first time sailing to Alaska and I'm so excited. Already counting down the days.

If you're looking for us on the cruise, find the line to meet Chip n Dale and we'll be in it.

Roll Call!
-ChipNDale86 (+1)
-Danalynn227 (+2)
-tch121 (+4)
-taradh1
-tinkertaylor05 (+4)
-mana'olana (+3 and other friends!)
-mylael (+1)
-RPK89 (+1)
-WebsterFamily (+3)
-CarolCPA (+1)
-curias (+2)
-DisneyConvert & TiggerPU88 (+1)
-trivan (+3)
-Spacecase1 (+3)
-sandonov (+2)
-theDisneyBersons (+3)
-Stephensmom in Wonderland (+6)

Last edited:
So excited! My family (DH and DD) and I are so excited to have booked this cruise. This is our 4th (2nd on the Wonder, we we on the Thanksgiving cruise in 2015). Love having the Disboards to get to know each other in advance.

Welcome! I knew we couldn't be the only ones on here who booked so early!

Can't wait to sail away!

:tigger:

We are booked too! It will be our family of five - DH, DD (12), DS (9), DD (2) & myself. This will be my 7th Disney cruise. My first Disney trip was on a 4 night Wonder cruise in 2006, 2nd was 3-night on the Dream in 2011, 3rd was 5 night to Canada from NYC in 2012 on the Magic, 4th was a 4 night on the Wonder (Miami to Key West) in 2013, and 5th was a 3 night on the Dream in Sept. 2015. We are booked for our 6th cruise in November 2016 - Galveston to Cozumel - also on the Wonder. We are so thrilled to be seeing Alaska with Disney!

Woo! Hoo! Can't wait. This will be our second Disney cruise. We really want to do the Fish Extenders gifts again. How do we do that?
Well, it's a little early for Fish Extenders. Typically 6-8 months out from the cruise is a good time to get that started.

Once someone says "I'll maintain the list", then the group will set up any "rules" they want for the group (group size; what information to include in the list; whether there will specific delivery dates; whether there are limits on how many gifts to give and whether there will be price maximum/minimum costs).

Woo! Hoo! Can't wait. This will be our second Disney cruise. We really want to do the Fish Extenders gifts again. How do we do that?

Welcome to the group! As Shmoo said, it basically takes someone being willing to organize a FE group. We probably won't participate, but hopefully as we get closer someone will step up and put it together for those who want to.

I've updated the first post with an ongoing roll-call so we can quickly see who all is sailing together!

For those who have been on the Wonder, what's your favorite thing? I loved the Fantasy and nervous yet excited about being on a slightly smaller ship.

Well, it's a little early for Fish Extenders. Typically 6-8 months out from the cruise is a good time to get that started.

Once someone says "I'll maintain the list", then the group will set up any "rules" they want for the group (group size; what information to include in the list; whether there will specific delivery dates; whether there are limits on how many gifts to give and whether there will be price maximum/minimum costs).
Thank you for the info. We'll look forward to more posts!!

Hey everyone thought I'd join in and introduce us :)

We booked on opening but have just had DP's leave approved from work ... Yay!

This will be DP and step DD's first cruise (hoping to get them hooked) and our 4th.

We will be me, DP, DD (12), DD (16) and my mum can't remember how to abbreviate that one, we're from the UK.

This has been such a long time thinking about doing Alaska, can't wait to try the Wonder, although all 3 of our past cruises were on the Magic which we love.

I don't use DISboards so much but hope to keep up and get to know everyone as time passes.

Welcome to the thread tinkertaylor! I've add you and your party to the roll call in the first post.

Have you sailed on the Magic since it's reimaginering?

Welcome to the thread tinkertaylor! I've add you and your party to the roll call in the first post.

Have you sailed on the Magic since it's reimaginering?

Thank you.

Yes we have done before and after both rounds of updates. Last year we sailed after they had added BBB which was fantastic as my dd was 10 so we got to enjoy it before she became too cool.

DD loves the aquadunk too.

Is the Wonder going in at the end of this season?

Hi everyone! This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, the first one was 2 years ago on the Dream.

The cruise will be DH, DD (13), DS (8) and me. We will be cruising with friends and family. I'm sure our pals will be posting soon!

Thank you.

Yes we have done before and after both rounds of updates. Last year we sailed after they had added BBB which was fantastic as my dd was 10 so we got to enjoy it before she became too cool.

DD loves the aquadunk too.

Is the Wonder going in at the end of this season?

Yes the Wonder is going in for refurb in September/October. It isn't known what they're actually going to do to her yet. Some are saying she may not get the Duck Tail because of worries that the new Panama Canal locks won't ready and the duck tail makes the ship too big to pass (other than a 1-time exemption). Others are saying she's likely to get a complete refurb similar to the Magic's. Hopefully we'll start hearing more once her dry dock is closer!

New article with some of the updates coming to the Wonder during its fall dry-dock was posted today: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nder-this-fall/?CMP=SOC-TWITTER20160602182327

Some of the most exciting (IMO) additions include:
-Marvel Super Hero Academy in the Oceaneer's Club
-Tiana's Place - new New Orleans themed restaurant based on Princess and the Frog (anyone else excited to try one of Tiana's man catching beignets?)
-Redone 'After Hours' adult area featuring a new English Pub, and an improved Cadillac Lounge
-Animator's Palate will be redone to be more like the other ships, including both of the interactive dinner shows.
-Cabanas

Plus several more listed in the article. I'm sure this is just the tip of some of changes, can't wait to hear even more!

Welcome to the group! As Shmoo said, it basically takes someone being willing to organize a FE group. We probably won't participate, but hopefully as we get closer someone will step up and put it together for those who want to.

I've updated the first post with an ongoing roll-call so we can quickly see who all is sailing together!

For those who have been on the Wonder, what's your favorite thing? I loved the Fantasy and nervous yet excited about being on a slightly smaller ship.

I love the classic ships - less crowded! Triton's is my favorite restaurant out of all the dining on the ships. Beautiful tile mosaic on the wall.

Hello! I've just booked this cruise, along with a friend. I did a solo cruise on the Magic (transatlantic) in September 2015, so this will be my second cruise... and first time to Alaska. Since I just booked it, it hasn't quite sunk in that it's real. Eeek! But *waves*!

Hi everyone, we too will be joining this wonderful cruise. we booked back in May when we were on the Disney Dream, and have been counting down ever since.

I've been to Alaska back in 2011, but no where the cruise sails and my partner Daniel has never been so it will be all round amazing.

Hurry up next August!

We will be joining too! Can't wait until August. Would love to connect with other parents with tween boys! I'll be traveling with DH, DS (14) and DS (11).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter