Wonder-Formal/Informal/Casual Dress Questions

bemily

Mouseketeer
Hi There

We are leaving in a couple of weeks for the 3 day wonder and then 4 days at WDW. On previous cruises (not disney-this is our first disney), we always had formal/informal/casual dress. What can i expect on the wonder? I know we rotate restraunts, so is it formal one night for some and not for others??

I am just not sure what to pack. I doubt it is as formal as the 7 night, but need some guidelines..

THANKS...

Hi Neighbor! (I assume thats Wakefield MA?);)
The Wonder doesnt have a formal night, however the requested attire for Tritons & Palo(if you choose to go there) is a jacket or button down shirt and tie for men, and a dress or pantsuit for ladies. Animators Palet & Parrot Cay are casual, but they do request no shorts be worn int he dining rooms for dinner.

DH wore a suit, and I wore semi formal dresses to both Lumieres and Palos, and we didnt feel out of place. We even saw 1 man in a tux. On the other hand not everyone dressed up that much and some even went below the "suggestions".

***I just noticed I typed Lumieres. Ive never been to Lumieres on the Magic!:teeth: I meant Tritons. :) Wishful thinking maybe?

Hi Camcolt

Yes, that is Wakefield, MA, and I am originally from Woburn!! Grew up there...

Thanks for your suggestions, makes it a bit easier to figure out what to wear!

Sherry

On our 3 day Wonder cruise on Oct- DH wore a sportcoat and tie to Tritons and I wore a nice skirt and sweater. This cruise was not as formal as the 7day. Most people abided by the recommendations(no short ot jeans in dining rooms) but some did not.

We just returned from the 4 day Wonder and were one of those that did not wear a jacket and tie. I was lucky to get my hubby to agree to the cruise at all ( of course he was the 1st one to say next year book the 7 day), but he did wear a nice pair of pants and a button down shirt to palos and we still got a great table and great service. I would love it if he wore a suit but he is not a suit kind of guy. Have fun.

We made an interesting observation on our three-day Wonder cruise this past weekend. Normally, we start in Triton's, and even though that is supposed to be the most formal of the regular restuarants, we often saw many dressed-down people. On this trip, we started in Parrot Cay. Triton's was the second night, and people were very dressy. I wonder if people tend to go more casual on the first night, no matter where they're dining, since they might not have unpacked all the way yet or are just kind of pooped from their trip to the ship.
I would say that it might be because of the holiday weekend, but once Thanksgiving on the Wonder I wore a very formal dress and there was no one dressed even close!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

When we did the 3-day I completely overpacked with casual clothes. Dinner clothing was the only reasonable packing I did. For myself I took 3 street length dinner dresses. One was solid black (for Lumieres/Tritons) and the other two were very tropical but had black in the print. The one pair of black dress heels that I brought could be worn with each dinner dress. If you have any coordinating skirts/tops you could get by with mixing and matching with one pair of heels.

DH wore a suit in Lumieres and dress pants with an open collar shirt the other two evenings. Our daughter and son wore their Sunday best each evening.

Most cruisers do follow the suggested guidelines with no shorts or jeans in any of the dining rooms.

Enjoy your cruise and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter