Update 05/24/22 Wondering why in the name of Mickey Disney!

I’m following along! My family went to Boston|Maine last summer too. We live in AZ so we flew there, rode the subway, bus, ferry in Boston, then took the train to Portland where we rented a car. Acadia was amazing. We joked that we flew all the way across the country to save $30 on admission since my son was in 4th grade. I still cant get over how beautiful it is. I seriously was on Zillow looking at houses that we’d never actually move to 🤣. I was so fascinated by how many houses in Maine (and from the train) had the cute little porches with American flags. And no fences! Here in AZ every house has (painted and plastered) cinderblock fences.

I found your report after reading about your western. We are sailing on the Dream in October- rescheduled 3 times from July 2020! We did Alaska when my kids were 1 and 2, they are 10/11 now. It was amazing but they were way too little! I’d love a redo no2 that they’re older. Dog mushing sounds so fun!
WOW I give you credit for doing a cruise with 1 and 2 year olds to Alaska! That's awesome! Maine is AMAZING so glad you went plus the free admission! Our girls will be eligible 2022-2023 school year. One of our best vacations even if the weather was a bit off we called it fogust for a foggy August our puffin cruise in Acadia was cancelled as was our chartered fishing trip in Portland but we rebounded. We drove from upstate NY to Portland and did 2 nights there and then on to Bar harbor for a week and then on the way back we stopped in Kennebunkport (our least favorite). I will do a write up of some of the tour operators/hikes we did in Bar Harbor as the Magic is stopping there in October! I think we might do a Dream cruise next year 2023 for spring break as it is a double dip plus we love those Dream class ships.

We’ve only ever sailed on the Wonder so we’re excited to try the Dream. We were planning on the Wish, but 5 nights on the dream was slightly cheaper than the 4 night Wish!

We ended up cancelling the Alaska Cruise this year and going with a cruise out of San Diego in February 2023. We have another plan for tis summer to go on a long drive back to Ontario. Hope to still go on a Alaska cruise in future and can't wait to see how yours turns out.

We ended up cancelling the Alaska Cruise this year and going with a cruise out of San Diego in February 2023. We have another plan for tis summer to go on a long drive back to Ontario. Hope to still go on a Alaska cruise in future and can't wait to see how yours turns out.
I hope you have fun this summer on your road trip!

Quick update! Some changes have happened as often does in life. My husbands grandma is 90 and not doing well she usually visits us in the summer but is unable to so we are taking a long weekend trip as soon as school is out in June to Chicago to visit. So we had to adjust and instead of flying in Friday we are taking a 7am flight Sunday morning that lands at 11:30am in Vancouver. This flight was significantly cheaper as well as now only 1 night in Vancouver at the pacific rim. We will fly out Monday at 2pm and I will be very worried about Covid testing as we will need to get home for DH job and me with school starting the following week. I will be PIF next week in anticipation of our booking window opening the following week may the odds be ever in our favor. As a high school teacher and mama this is one of the busiest time of the year! I will update with what I book. Honestly just looking for BBB for the girls and maybe a tasting chocolate liqueur or massage. Also I booked insurance through Allianz so hopefully. That’s all for now but I feel like I accomplished a great deal. Last night I went to bed worrying about all the decisions I made and if the were right. However, this morning I feel like a huge weight is lifted and I’m glad we have the flights that we do especially the one coming home as the plane is just about full.

Last edited:
So it's 11:55pm my alarm goes off I anxiously wait 5 minuets staring at my phone...... Login to be told we are working on it! Come on Disney why oh why do you need to do website maintenance then can't you do it at 3am or 4am? Anyways my stomach in knots refreshing and going back and forth between the app and the website after 30 mins I finally got it on the app. I was able to get BBB on day 2 however, unlike before where I could do both girls at the same time they are staggered by 15 mins. I also decided to book a port adventure for Skagway and it is one that is only offered by Disney Klondike Campfire Breakfast SW63. Only 2hrs long you go to Liarsville for breakfast and gold panning. Our girls mentioned panning for gold was something they really want to do and it fits perfectly. I'm slightly annoyed that Disney charges the adult price of $38.00 for the girls but I think this will be a nice way to start the day and it is the only Port adventure I'm booking with them. Couples Massage is the only other things I was considering they only have undesirable times left 8am or 8pm. We have no interest in PALO or tastings but they were all booked. I got what I wanted but I'm so tired because then I was all wound up and could not go to sleep. This will be the last update for a while still uncertain if we will participate in an FE I guess I will think about that over the next few weeks. Happy almost summer!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter