WONDERing What Cruising Is Like-MR Pre-TR (updated 1/7)

First of all I want to tell you that your family is absolutely beautiful. I am also so jealous of how close you live to DLR.

I understand dealing with special needs and how draining it can be. Don't get me wrong it has it's reward too but there are days where I feel like locking myself in my room and hiding for a week. I adopted 2 special needs boys a little more than five years ago. They are my world and I have never for a minute regretted my decision but I get where you are coming from.

We just came back from an eight day Christmas Cruise, that my "Fairy Godfather" gave us as a Christmas gift. You will come back so very rejuvenated and relaxed. The CMs treat you like royalty from the minute you walk on til the minute you walk off.
Here is a link to my TR if you are interested: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43599888#post43599888

I can't wait to read your TR, the only bad part about the cruise is when you have to go back to real life lol.

Have a great time getting ready for the cruise, I considered that part of the adventure too.

Dianne

Dianne, I actually read your TR the first day you started posting and it made me tear up. I am not one to tear up, ever, but your story was so touching. The boys are beautiful, you've clearly done so much for them. I can't even begin to imagine the courage it takes to take on two boys with special needs. In my case, I'm dealing with someone with mental illness. It is different though because though it requires copious amounts of patience, I've been dealing with it since I was 3 or 4. It doesn't require any amount of courage. It is second nature to me. It truly takes a special person to take on two people that require patience, understanding and courage.

I love your Pre-TR. You are an awesome writer and your energy comes through right to me and makes me smile! Can't wait to meet you! Your family is beautiful and that little Sophie... oh my! Just adorable. Thanks for sharing your post with us!!!!

Thanks Lilow! I so look forward to meeting you on the ship!

Loving your PTR :thumbsup2
My DH and I are headed on the same cruise in October and are foodies also, very interested to see what you have to say about all that ;)

Thank you becpee! I will definitely take photos of all of our food! Hoping to upgrade to concierge level so we can have a bigger menu to order from our room too.

Thanks Hawky7! Let's hope she keeps that cuteness up on the ship :-) She's generally a pretty good kid, so wouldn't it be just perfect if she just loses it on the ship!

I bet she'll be even more adorable on the ship... Can you imagine how HUGE that ship must look to a child? I think it's insane, and I'm all grown up. :) Seeing it through her eyes is going to be amazing!!! Are you going to dress her up for formal night?

Ohhhh and thanks for the shout out!!!! YEEEAAAAHHH to our awesome group!!!! I gotta get on my FE stuff... I have a few things already, but I'm not even close to done!

What a wonderful introduction to your beautiful family! I love the Boo costume, Sophie is a perfect match for Boo! So looking forward to this cruise and meeting all of DIS folks in person.

Please tell us how your trip was! Your family is beautiful! I want to hear about the restaurants in Mexico. :)

@Leshaface I will definitely be back soon-ish to begin my trip report! :-( I have to catch up on work first.

@cnj SOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS, we only went to two, but they were AMAZING! I still dream about it. We're definitely going back to those restaurants in the future.

We had the most amazing time ever! Even better than we could have ever imagined. If you can figure out who I am, you can see a few preview photos on facebook ;-)

We ended up buying our image CD because we had 100 photos taken.

@Leshaface I will definitely be back soon-ish to begin my trip report! :-( I have to catch up on work first.

@cnj SOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS, we only went to two, but they were AMAZING! I still dream about it. We're definitely going back to those restaurants in the future.

We had the most amazing time ever! Even better than we could have ever imagined. If you can figure out who I am, you can see a few preview photos on facebook ;-)

We ended up buying our image CD because we had 100 photos taken.

Yay!

Your pictures are fantastic btw :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter