Won't be doing the Frozen Ever After dessert party again

glad the op got a resolution they are happy with. Disney does often go above and beyond.

In this case Disney uses liquid nitrogen to freeze foods to add a level of fanciness to several of their add on parties.

frozen-ever-after-dessert-party-nitro-popcorn-337x600.jpg

my kid is going to be all over that! need to find more info!

Not sure why people feel the requested refund and the actual were excessive.... Disney parties are overpriced to begin with, and being such there is an expectation that everything will go as expected. Even at 50% refund, Disney still made money. I think there is value placed on your time to plan for the event, and making your plans assuming everything will occur as stated (especially if have kids that have been dreaming about it all).
Yes, things happen outside their control .. but if a satisfactory alternative cannot be provided at the time, then compensation is defiantly in order and it should be enough to alleviate the disappointment.

glad the op got a resolution they are happy with. Disney does often go above and beyond.

It's awesome! Makes the popcorn cause smoke to come out of your mouth as you bite it

This popcorn was an offering at the FEA party, but it has been replaced with another dessert now. The current liquid nitrogen station at the FEA party features "Olaf’s Freeze Fried Birthday Cake Mousse with Sprinkles". It was quite good, but it won't have the wow factor with kids that the popcorn had.

In this case Disney uses liquid nitrogen to freeze foods to add a level of fanciness to several of their add on parties.

frozen-ever-after-dessert-party-nitro-popcorn-337x600.jpg

This popcorn was an offering at the FEA party, but it has been replaced with another dessert now. The current liquid nitrogen station at the FEA party features "Olaf’s Freeze Fried Birthday Cake Mousse with Sprinkles". It was quite good, but it won't have the wow factor with kids that the popcorn had.
I was wondering if Disney modified this dish due to the FDA warning that came out a few months ago. https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/30/health/liquid-nitrogen-food-fda-warning/index.html

ooh thanks for letting me know, it is all about the expectations. That does not sound like my thing really but there are plenty of other things there for me. the kid would like that though!

I was wondering if Disney modified this dish due to the FDA warning that came out a few months ago. https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/30/health/liquid-nitrogen-food-fda-warning/index.html

oh wow, interesting! I would not be surprised though I haven't heard of any issues at disney with their nitro stuff I'm sure that something like this is their worst nightmare and they would head off that pr disaster if it became a thing elsewhere.

Sounds like there are lots of issues with people not knowing how to mix it properly more than a problem with the Nitrogen itself. If it's not done right out would leave pockets of the nitrogen. Done right it wouldn't. Can't say I'm surprised the kids in a mall don't know what they are doing. Hopefully Disney will use those will trained.

ooh thanks for letting me know, it is all about the expectations. That does not sound like my thing really but there are plenty of other things there for me. the kid would like that though!

You're welcome. Wouldn't want a kid to be looking forward to this and end up disappointed. As for the new item, I left the sprinkles off and just had the chocolate sauce with it. The flash frozen custard-like mousse was really good.

oh wow, interesting! I would not be surprised though I haven't heard of any issues at disney with their nitro stuff I'm sure that something like this is their worst nightmare and they would head off that pr disaster if it became a thing elsewhere.

Sounds like there are lots of issues with people not knowing how to mix it properly more than a problem with the Nitrogen itself. If it's not done right out would leave pockets of the nitrogen. Done right it wouldn't. Can't say I'm surprised the kids in a mall don't know what they are doing. Hopefully Disney will use those will trained.

As for the warnings about liquid nitrogen and food, I saw the news about it this summer, too, and briefly thought Oh no! I let my kid eat the popcorn (and dish after dish of the flash frozen nutella at the SW party). However, I really don't think Disney would knowingly open itself up to all kinds of issues by offering something unsafe to its guests. As Angi said, hopefully they know what they're doing. We indulged in nitro stations at both the FEA and the JBJB parties earlier this month with no adverse side effects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter