• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

woods view or courtyard view

jillz

<font color=red>Do YOU wear underwear?? ;)
Hi
Am wondering if i should change my woods view room to a courtyard view room at the wl...does anyone have any suggestions...is cv worth the extra money...does anyone know any good locations
Thanks a bunch!!:wave:

You'll get opinions on both ways on this one. For us, we wouldn't stay anywhere but a courtyard view. We were in the "inner U" section and it was a perfect room for us. It was the 5th floor, overlooking the lobby with a center view of the courtyard, pool and lake area. It is a bit far away from the pool, but that was fine with us...no pool noise!

We really loved being able to step right out of our room and watch what was going on in the lobby. We stayed last Christmas and most nights they had something going on. It was so nice to stand at the railing and listen to the carolers and other groups they had performing each night.

Peachgirl,

Thanks for your input:D I've only stayed in a standard view room before and that was years ago...do you know if all cv rooms have a view of the lobby ...is it noisy... i think that it is the most beautiful lobby i have ever seen and i agree that it would be be lovely to overlook that each time you came out of your room.:)

No, not all courtyard views are lobby views. There aren't all that many lobby view rooms and some are standard. I had heard about some people being bothered by noise but really the only thing we ever heard were some occassional noises from the restaurant, but never really late.

If you do reserve a courtyard and you're not asking for a lobby view, be sure to ask for a main courtyard view. They consider the rooms that overlook the WVL pool to be a courtyard view too.
If you reserve a courtyard view and request overlooking the lobby, you're guaranteed a view of the main pool area if your request is met.

Our room was 5071 and as I said, it's a distance from the pool itself, but it's a wonderful straight shot view of everything!

peachgirl!

Thanks again for the reply.. :D still deciding:confused: oh well i bet if i slept out in the hallway i still couldn't go wrong at the wl;)

They do have lots of comfy chairs and couches in the hallways overlooking the lobby!;)

Even if you don't get a courtyard view, as long as you're on the 3rd floor or higher, you can always walk to the area that overlooks the lobby. Seriously, there are lots of sitting areas where anyone can just sit and relax and enjoy the view below.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter