Woohoo!! I just had a .....

Baboo

<font color=navy>Kookie Kanadian Riddler<br><font
...Beaver tail!!!!! I found out last week that they have a place in Fenelon Falls which is less than an hour from here! As soon as we found that out, we decided that was where we would go today since both Len and I were off today. Killaloe Sunrises for each of us! Pure bliss!!!! We spent some time wandering through the shops in town and then had a barbque right beside the water and then headed home. All in all, a very pleasant way to spend the day!

Very nice Baboo!;)

Sounds like you had a really nice day and what a great way to end it....mmmmmmmm!:p Sounds like the type of day I'd like....epecially the Beaver Tail!:sunny:

I was surprised to find a Beaver Tail stall at the base of Blue Mountain when we were skiing a couple of years ago. I immediately ordered one and imagined I was back outside the Canadian pavilion at Epcot. In fact, the warm glow exuding from me was enough to melt most of the snow and force the closure of half the runs. Or was it the 10-degree temperatures we had that day? I guess we'll never know now. :D

- Mike

LOL Mike! I know what you mean about imagining being at WDW! While we were eating ours outside in the warm sun, they were playing "Can you feel the love tonight" from the Lion King in the background. Closed my eyes and I was there.

OK, now I'm kicking myself. :mad: I read (and posted to) this thread last week when we were back from the cottage for a day (DS had a soccer game, which we won. Improves our record to 1-13-1 on the season :( ) But I obviously didn't pay much attention. Yesterday we went straight from the cottage (on Georgian Bay) to the Haliburton Scout Reserve where DS is spending the next week camping. From there, I have two possible routes home - one of which is down Hwy 35 through Fenelon Falls and eventually pick up the 401 near Oshawa. Did I take that route?? Nooo. Instead I head west and pick up Hwy 11 at Bracebridge and make the 11-400-401 trek back to London. Sigh. With the air conditioning in the car not working, a Beavertail would have been like a breath of fresh air. :D

And I can't do it next Saturday when camp lets out because another parent is bringing DS back home. Ah well.

- Mike

Sounds delicious, Kathy! :) I'll have to check out where Fenlon Falls is from Woodstock. Is it a "seasonal place"?

Mike, I'm sorry you missed your chance of getting one in Fenelon Falls, but you and Julie can check their web site to see where the closest one to you folks in south western Ontario is.
http://www.beavertails.ca/area5.html

I had one last week at the Toronto Zoo, over by the Polar bears. There is also a stand in Elora, ont for anyone heading into the country. I have yet to get one there even though we only live 10 min away I think it would ruin the magic.

Allison

It sounds like a really nice day Baboo. I would love to do something like that someday.
tigercat

We just had one this past Tuesday at the Toronto Zoo!:D

We're planning on having them again this week in Kingston! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter