WooHoo!! just booked! It's not Disney but there is a new Disney resort there - Hawaii

lovintheland

Mouseketeer
I am so excited, just booked flights for January got an amazing price with new airline Strategic. Hawaii is my second favourite holiday place so I'm happy :banana:

Going to check out the new Disney Aulani Resort, plus all of our favourite US shops and restaurants are in Hawaii too.

Woo Hoo, Congratulations :cool1:

I too LOVE :love: Hawaii! I have been so many times.

I can't wait to try Aulani!

Hawaii is lovely :lovestruc

Would love to hear what you think of the new airline as well ;)

Enjoy your trip!

I would love to hear about Strategic too!

I have a work conference in October next year in Hawaii that I am deciding about attending and Strategic are an option.

We are flying Qantas to Hawaii in December and are going to stay at Aulani for a few days before heading to DL.

Congrats on your Hawaii holiday. It is a beautiful place.

Oh I am excited and really look forward to hearing how your flights with Strategic are.

Strategic are the first airline to fly to Honolulu direct from Brisbane :cool1: We Queenslanders always have to fly out of Sydney with Qantas and Hawaiian! :cool1:

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement:thumbsup2

I hope Strategic is a positive experience, I'm a little nervous :confused3

and yes MsShuttergirl, they $349 one way and cheaper for DD11. We were sitting on the beach with the paper on Sunday and what first caught my eye was a 50% off deal for the Sheraton in Waikiki. I had planned to take eldest DD somewhere instead of Schoolies week and had settled on Fiji. I suddenly had visions of 5 nights in Hawaii with her instead, only to have my dreams shattered after getting straight onto the phone and the cheapest flight to Hawaii in November was $1900 return :eek:. Hawaii was suddenly off the itinerary and I became depressed. I knew Strategic didn't start the Hawaii route until early December but decided to jump on their website on my phone when we left the beach. Could not believe my eyes to see the price. We had an anxious wait from sunday night until mid yesterday morning waiting to see if DH's leave was approved. So it will be a belated Schoolies/graduation trip for DD and an early 20th anniverary for us. Can't wait. Aulani looks amazing, just wish they could throw in a few rides, Space mountain, Indianna Jones, California Screamin etc etc then I would be a totally satisfied girl :cheer2:

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement:thumbsup2

I hope Strategic is a positive experience, I'm a little nervous :confused3

and yes MsShuttergirl, they $349 one way and cheaper for DD11. We were sitting on the beach with the paper on Sunday and what first caught my eye was a 50% off deal for the Sheraton in Waikiki. I had planned to take eldest DD somewhere instead of Schoolies week and had settled on Fiji. I suddenly had visions of 5 nights in Hawaii with her instead, only to have my dreams shattered after getting straight onto the phone and the cheapest flight to Hawaii in November was $1900 return :eek:. Hawaii was suddenly off the itinerary and I became depressed. I knew Strategic didn't start the Hawaii route until early December but decided to jump on their website on my phone when we left the beach. Could not believe my eyes to see the price. We had an anxious wait from sunday night until mid yesterday morning waiting to see if DH's leave was approved. So it will be a belated Schoolies/graduation trip for DD and an early 20th anniverary for us. Can't wait. Aulani looks amazing, just wish they could throw in a few rides, Space mountain, Indianna Jones, California Screamin etc etc then I would be a totally satisfied girl :cheer2:

50% off at Sheraton Waikiki. WOW, :woohoo::cool1: That is a fantastic deal!!!!!
Funny mentioning schoolies. My friends and I talk about that and we want to do the same, that we want to take the kids away somewhere, somewhere not a normal schoolies destination (even though it's a few years off. Living on the Gold Coast, we see a lot of the schoolies mischief :rotfl: )

Great deal - good work!!! Can't wait to hear how Strategic are. I'm jealous!

What a great trip. I am really keen for Hawaii to be our next holiday. I am supposed to be saving for our new double story garage but i have worked out that i can save enough to get a holiday in late 2012 as well as build the garage.I need some kind of future travel planning to be happy and content. The website prices for Aulani are a little expensive but it looks more reasonable if you book on rented points. Has anyone done this and how did you go about it?

Hurray for you!!! I saw the strategic fares and we are very tempted also! Although we'll have to make our way to Melbourne or Brisbane. Aulani has a stay 4 and get the 5th night free at the moment for dates in January. But it is very expensive still!

Hi Shushh,

You really should do it too if you can. After reading you recent trip report your family really knows how to holiday and have a great time.

Aulani is very expensive. We are thinking one or two nights. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to book it? Can you only book through their own website?

:confused3

Yes, we have 5 as well which really bumps up the price. I would be happy with even one night just to experience it and do the character breakfast. the resort does look amazing!

I am another that would love a report on Strategic. I would love to go back to Hawaii.

hey

interested in hearing anything re hawaii and aulani, staying there 9 nights in febuary....so tips hints and other stuff would be great:thumbsup2

but we are flying qantas, so fingers crossed they are still operating in feb:eek:

Woohoo!! Yay for booking. You'll have to give us a review on strategic. I'd love to get back to Hawaii for a mini break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter