World Cup -- anybody watching?

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
Anybody else watching the FIFA World cup? Who are you cheering for?

I think it's pretty obvious where my support lies ;)

Italy first then Portugal by virtue of marriage. :lmao: My poor hubby is often in his Portugal jersey amongst a sea of Azzurri at my parent's place during the World Cup season.

I have to say I have been extremely impressed with Argentina... they have been playing amazing.

And Kudos to the US team; I never thought they'd make it into the next round considering the contingent of teams playing. Good on 'em.

I haven't got to watch as much as I like. It seems all the matches I have wanted to watch are on while I am at work. So, I am stuck with live updates. I sooooooo wish I could have seen USA v. Algeria yesterday though!

yes and having a blast enjoying the culture that goes with it in a soccer crazed country. Celebrating started to peter out around midnight last night (game ended around 10:30 our time). Kids had a half day when Germany played in the afternoon. EVERYONE is wearing red, yellow and black, etc. Fun times.

We are cheering for Germany and the US. DS says that if by some miracle they both make it all the way through and play watch other in the final he will wear a glad for the US on one cheek and one for Germany on the other and be happy no matter who wins.

*Head desk repeatedly*

Yeah... sorry about that. :sad2:

OK, not really! ;)

We are watching it and are rooting for the U.S and Portugal. Nelson was born/raised in the Azores and played soccer both here and there so its pretty big in our house... Mondays Portugal win and yesterdays US win have put us in very good moods.

Very much interested in Portugal v. Brazil tomorrow... That one is going to be big in my city!

CONGRATULATIONS SPAIN! :)

I want to take home Octopus Paul..... I need him to pick my lotto numbers! :) :lmao:

I enjoyed the Beef Cake ! Thank You !

But I really still have a crush on BECKHAM more (I know he didn't play).

Did you hear that a Zoo in Spain is trying to buy the Prophetic Octopus who guessed the final winners leading up to Spain.
I would like to hire him to use for choosing some Top Dow Stocks.

Phil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter