World of Color Sim

JetsterDajet

Earning My Ears
Hey Disboards,

I've lurked a bit over the years but I wanted to share something kind of niche with a group that might appreciate it, so I threw an account together :)

I've seen the World of Color spectacular a number of times over the years and it's always impressed me. Last time I saw it, a few months ago, I challenged myself to model (at least part of) the show digitally as an exercise and fun personal project. Here's how that came out

This is just grid fountains but if I get some time in the new year I may try to add water whips (vectoring fountains) and projection screens. Happy to hear thoughts or answer any questions people might have about it.

Thanks for looking.

That is fantastic! I don’t have much experience with game development but my son does a lot in Unity. Just showed him and he was impressed too.

Looking forward to any updates!

Also, any interest in some collaboration on it?

That is fantastic! I don’t have much experience with game development but my son does a lot in Unity. Just showed him and he was impressed too.

Looking forward to any updates!

Also, any interest in some collaboration on it?

Hey, thanks. Unfortunately I've run out of time for personal projects for the next several months; it was tough enough for me to get this over the grid fountain/demo choreography finish line.

I would absolutely welcome contributions to this project. I've added the source to my Github and I'd be happy to review pull requests. I can take some time to direct anyone actually choosing to put effort into this toward what needs hardening and what directions expansion should move in. Further, if there is anyone that's more interested in choreographing fountain events to music: I'd be happy to put some documentation together detailing how to do that. All the choreography timing and event details are represented by somewhat easily human read/writeable JSON.

The forum thinks the link to the github for this is spam, so you'll have to find it in the video description

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!