World of Color Status Watch?

I am really hoping April isn't accurate. Its my little beacon of hope for the first week of March...

So.. Is it possible (or it is common) that they would open it without previous warning once it was working? Or would they wait for an official announcement?

I think it’s entirely possible to see this tested a LOT before it’s re-opening is officially announced given how the expected dates for opening have come and gone. (June and holiday season). I think this refurbishment is certainly unusual though so comparing it to other refurbs might be futile.

So.. Is it possible (or it is common) that they would open it without previous warning once it was working? Or would they wait for an official announcement?
They could do a "soft" opening--that is, they don't announce that it's happening, and just start it without any advance warning. They do this on occasion. But I wouldn't count on it at all. I mean, how many of us have been hanging onto every note of testing, every change in the bay, every lighting change, every rumored visual test, thinking, "Is this FINALLY it?!" and it isn't... And then there's more testing, and we're all asking, "Is this FINALLY it?" and it isn't... and we're on the World of Color emotional roller coaster for over 6 months now :-/

They could do a "soft" opening--that is, they don't announce that it's happening, and just start it without any advance warning. They do this on occasion. But I wouldn't count on it at all. I mean, how many of us have been hanging onto every note of testing, every change in the bay, every lighting change, every rumored visual test, thinking, "Is this FINALLY it?!" and it isn't... And then there's more testing, and we're all asking, "Is this FINALLY it?" and it isn't... and we're on the World of Color emotional roller coaster for over 6 months now :-/

That's good to know. I am really ok if we dont see it cause we never have (so we don't know what we are missing). BUT.. if it did just show up I would do a package in a heartbeat and I wonder if I should be checking daily for reservations (we will be there next week).

That's good to know. I am really ok if we dont see it cause we never have (so we don't know what we are missing). BUT.. if it did just show up I would do a package in a heartbeat and I wonder if I should be checking daily for reservations (we will be there next week).
The first "soft opening" shows wouldn't have packages. I expect they would want several showings going perfectly before starting dessert parties and other reserved seating again.

The first "soft opening" shows wouldn't have packages. I expect they would want several showings going perfectly before starting dessert parties and other reserved seating again.

Thank you. I guess if we get lucky to see it cause they are practicing then yay. Other than that I will just check for random opening at Lamplight (cause I decided too late I wanted to try it and they are full the days we are there)

We stayed at GCV last week and had a theme park view. DH and I sat on our balcony super late on Friday night, and we saw lots of work going on. There was some audio running, and they were running the lights on the wheel. We weren't high enough to see if any water was spraying, though.

So we are currently at GCV and we received a notice that they will be doing some sort of audible testing at California Adventure tonight and Tuesday night between 9p - 3a. I assume it’s for WOC. I will post more if I have more information.

Any updates on this test?

Someone just shared this tidbit in a Facebook group:

Yes. My friend works on it. He said they were almost ready december but something else broke.... so while they wait on parts they are just fixing everything.

So... If that's true and not just talk, I now wonder what else broke and what else needed fixing that they haven't worked on in the several months it's been down already :rotfl2:

Like, were they just going to not worry about a couple minor maintenance things or something? But now they have extra time so why not?

Hrm :scratchin....

Someone just shared this tidbit in a Facebook group:

So... If that's true and not just talk, I now wonder what else broke and what else needed fixing that they haven't worked on in the several months it's been down already :rotfl2:

Like, were they just going to not worry about a couple minor maintenance things or something? But now they have extra time so why not?

After what happened with Murphy on media preview night with F! 2.0, I can just imagine what must have been going through TDA's collective mind when "something else broke" and they had to cancel the WOC media preview on such short notice. Hmmm... I have a mental image of all the fountains and fire jets going berserk and shooting into the audience of shocked journalists and invited guests. Something on par with Murphy's head falling off in front of the press...
"... while they wait on parts..." -- maybe they ordered the parts from Home Depot? When we ordered our kitchen sink, it took for.ev.er. And when it arrived, there was a bathroom cabinet in the box, but no sink. Grrrrrr.

Thank you!
I'm three weeks away from our trip, so I guess it would be a real miracle if WOC is running by then :worried:

No, it was a surprise, new issue. But not nearly as big as the great flood. Latest rumor is Memorial Day weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!