World Showcase Cast Members

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I don't see them talked about much,but does anyone else consider them an "attraction"?

It is such a unique thing to be able to walk about a mile and talk to people from 11 Countries!

And to think that some Guests actually think they are all from the USA and Disney has taught them the accents!lol:)

I love chatting with the World Showcase CMs. I always look forward to ADRs there because it's neat to talk to them about how they ended up at WDW and about where they're from.

I don't see them talked about much, but does anyone else consider them an "attraction"?
It is such a unique thing to be able to walk about a mile and talk to people from 11 Countries!
Hey, what are USA CMs, chopped liver? Just kidding, I know exactly what you mean and I do consider them an attraction, a good attraction.

You would really get a kick out of riding the backstage CM shuttle right after closing time. You get CMs from seven of the countries, still in costume, on the bus at the same time. And yes, it's packed. They are pretty much the same off-stage as on-stage.

I'm at the World Showcase more than at any other WDW location, so in effect I'm often one of them, and I can't say a negative word about them. I even drove that shuttle bus once in a while years ago, and again, they were quiet and polite.

You should know that they are not necessarily international college students, they could also be participating in two other Disney international programs.

I love walking around the World Showcase and talking with the CM's from around the world!

A friend of mine was planning on studying abroad in the UK for a semester, so one day I went around the UK pavilion and asked several cast members if they would be willing to write down some advice for her on little note cards. By the end of the afternoon, I had a pile of note cards full of encouragement, advice about things to do and places to see, as well as some tips about living life in the UK! They were wonderful and so happy to share their knowledge and experience with my friend!

Completely agree, it's great to see people from all over the world and have a chat with them. We're from the UK and have eaten at the rose and Crown a couple of times and it's always funny if you find someone from the same town as you!

I enjoy chatting with the CM from the various countries too. I love asking how long they have been here, how they have enjoyed it and what they plan to do when their time is up. As someone who is in their 50's and never left the US I find it fascinating these young people have come so far and are so young. I am in awe of them and wish I had done something similar when I was their age. So I love chatting with them.

And yes, it does amaze me how many people have no idea that Disney brings over these young people to work in each of the countries. I never realized that it wasn't common knowledge until rather recently.

YES!! I definitely consider them an "attraction" of sorts - they definitely enrich my experience. One of my best memories at Disney was talking to a cast member in Norway about the fjords in her country. I was 10 at the time, but remember wanting very badly to to go there, they sounded so beautiful. She also taught me how to say good morning in Norwegian (god morn) and a few other words, but I only remember god morn now :(

I've also practiced my Italian in Italy and talked with fellow Canadians in Canada from the GTA ;)

I love them too!
I also enjoyed talking to CM at AKL who do bead activities. They're all from Africa on an exchange program with the safari parks in Africa. Met some from South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana.

I love them too!
I also enjoyed talking to CM at AKL who do bead activities. They're all from Africa on an exchange program with the safari parks in Africa. Met some from South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana.
And they have some in AK too, now that you mention it

Love the WS CMs. My dad was from Italy and on this last trip I met someone who was from a town that wasn't too far from the village my dad lived in. I enjoyed the chat we had.

Dd and I did the Duffy bear stamp thing around the world on our last trip and loved interacting with all the cms.

Years ago (I think it's been discontinued), Morocco had a free walking tour of their pavilion, given by a CM there. I think talking with the CM about his country was the highlight of Mom's trip. A little tip-sometimes the CMs are a little homesick and if you have any little thing from their country or have ever been there, they love it. Once DH had a Mexican peso, and tried to pay with it in the Mexican pavilion. When the CM saw it, she went on for several minutes with DH, discussing Mexico. And once DH said "Thank you" to a Chinese CM at Nine Dragons. She just loved it, and talked all about her city. We love interacting with the World Showcase CMs.

I love them too!
Yes! We just got back from AKL and two of the guys in the main safari walk out at Jambo were great about chatting about where they were from and it was very cool!
It was also very fun to visit all the Kidcot locations with my son and meet a lot of people that way. He thought having his name spelled in Arabic, Japanese, and Chinese was very cool. :)

A little tip-sometimes the CMs are a little homesick
Definitely-some of them are only 18 and have never been to the United States and here they are spending ONE YEAR in Disney World!!!!

It has got to be quite the experience!

I always ask them if they get homesick and many say they miss their Mother!So touching!:)

I also always tell them they are the MOST important part of World Showcase,that they bring the "World" to World Showcase and that they are part of the most unique "land" in any Disney Park!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts