Worried about heat and crowds 8/39-9/06

Rosered

Mouseketeer
DH, DD and I wil be at the World 8/29-9/06 and with all the post on how bad the crowds are and how hot and humid it is I'm beginning to think I made a hugh mistake choosing this week. My DH and DD don't do well in the heat , especially DH. I'm afraid our trip will be a hugh letdown. Any tips or advice? Can someone please try to convince me that our vacation won't be a huge disaster?

We are going Aug 28-Sep 7. Although Labor Day weekend is likely to be verrrrry busy, I predict (hope) a huge dropoff immediately following Labor Day and very few crowds for the remainder of the week. We have scheduled mostly non-Disney (Seaworld, Discovery Cove, etc.) and Epcot (which is rarely crowded) until Sep 2 and then intend to do non-stop Disney for the remaining 4 days! As for the heat, I cannot offer any comfort there -- I think it will be very very hot and humid... Anyone else think differently about either the crowds or the heat?

Traditionally it is pretty dead in the parks after Labor Day (actually over the weekend before the holiday, it was pretty quiet last year -- except in MK, where it always seems to be busy). Hopefully that will hold true this year. I've been there the same time for the past few years. As for the temperature, it is pretty darn hot. I usually don't mind the heat because we take that in trade for the shorter lines this time of year.

We will also be there for the week after labor day. Expecting huge drop off by the 2nd as well, will make the heat more tolerable.

Everybody get those squirt fans for the kids before you leave, they are expensive in the park.

We always go from Aug 25th which is usually the start of the last week of august for 2 weeks, so our second week spills over into the first week of sept.

These have traditionally been when crowds start to drop as many schools go back on monday,I cant remember queing more than 30 mins for most major attractions and the TOT is always walk on when we go. MK is still the busiest park though . Also the weather while still HOT and humid there doesn't seem to be rain everyday, as there is in July and most of Augs.

We are going again this year on these dates, so we'll be at the world on monday. I've been checking the weather and webcams for about a week now and i've noticed there doesn't seem to be that monsoon style rain for hrs and hrs, there has been showers etc but it doesnt seem as bad as it was afew weeks ago.

3 days left until our 2 week stay at the WL!! Can't wait!

enjoy your stay aswell

It's like Christmas shopping -- you know it will be busy and crowded. Just relax, expect it, do what you can, enjoy yourself and go with the flow. :)
We were at MK one day after Memorial Day and it was bad. (hot and crowded)
It wasn't as much fun. We tried. We called it a day there early on, went on to another park/DTD and had a great time. :)

We are going Aug 30- Sept 6, and my understanding is from Labor day on its pretty empty. Hope thats true!

As far as the heat goes, guess it will be hot and humid, but if your in and out of the attractions, shouldnt be too bad.

Have a great trip!! We will be the family with the lime green mickey heads!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by Jakesmom1
We are going Aug 30- Sept 6, and my understanding is from Labor day on its pretty empty. Hope thats true!

As far as the heat goes, guess it will be hot and humid, but if your in and out of the attractions, shouldnt be too bad.

Have a great trip!! We will be the family with the lime green mickey heads!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

It will be very hot and very humid, FL is sort of sub tropical,so, it is to be expected.
The crowds will be down after Labor Day. I love this time of the year, but, then again, I love hot and humid.

We just returned on Wednesday, 8/20, and it was packed at every park. This is our third year in a row going in August and we agreed it would be our last. Normally the heat and humidity don't bother us but couple that with crowds and it's unbearable. We noticed more foriegn(sp?) visitors than every before this time and our driver from Tiffany Town Car confirmed that with us; he said the foriegn travel is really picking up especially Europeans. School in Florida had already started but the parks were still packed. To top it off there was a lot of rain - really heavy downpours with thunder and lightning. We were told these only last about a half hour but on two days they lasted over four hours each and you literally could not walk in it. We won't every visit in the summer again.

Well... I will continue to be cautiously optimistic. There may yet be a big difference between this week and next, and hopefully even more of a difference between next week and post-Labor Day. Or am I just fooling myself? (I am talking about the crowds...even I am not a sufficiently crazy optimist to think the weather will be anything other than hot and humid...)

We were in Disney from 8/15-8/27. Now, we usually go more in the mid summer (anywhere from July 4- August 9). I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it was more crowded down there this time than EVER before (4th of July weekend 2 years ago included!) Usually crowds dont bother me becuase I make good use of fastpasses and enights, but there was just no avoiding these crowds. Some examples: line for space mountain went all the way to the Lunching Pad (approx. 75 min. wait/no pastpasses left), 90 minute wait for Splash Mountain (we did get a fastpass for this and walked right on), line for Spaceship Earth wrapped around the entire globe several times (I only saw this once though, the rest of the times you could pretty much walk right on),Pirates of the Carribbean was a 30 minute wait. It wasn't just the lines that were bad though. At certain points of the day (usually midday) the crowds were so thick that it was difficult just getting from attraction to attraction , especially in tomorrow land. Don't panic though. Make sure you take advantage of the fastpasses and just allow yourself extra time to get to priority seatings if you have any. If you feel like getting away from the crowds, do rides that dont have a long line (Journey Into Imagination/ honey I shrunk the audience/ TTA are just a few that you could walk right on to) Good Luck and enjoy your trip! and just remember.....YOU"RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!:Pinkbounc

Thanks... I guess it does seem we need to steel ourselves (do not do crowds well, I am afraid). Since you are there now... Oh well, a bad day at Disney is still lots better than a great day at work, right? Thanks for the warning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter