• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worried, scared, praying and trying to cope

I am so sorry. Your wife was very fortunate to have you as you clearly and obviously loved her a tremendous amount, your love shines through in every sentence you wrote. Nothing can make this time easier or better for you or your son. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Treat yourself and your son gently and with compassion. We always tend to be far to hard on ourselves, expecting things we would never expect from someone else. :hug:

It was a hard battle and so hard this past year. Jackie had gone through so much. We would beat one thing and then take two steps back to deal with something else.
My son has lost his loving mom and I have lost my love, my life, my friend, my wife.
We had made plans when Jackie had gotten better to be at DisneyWorld last week and this upcoming week. We cancelled several months ago. Jackie wanted me to take Chris but we both said we would go together as a family.

We prayed and hoped but the disease had spread throughout and cut short her life. Jackie was home with us the final week. Never alone and never without our love. Hospice was a great help.

Jackie had made me promise if something were to ever happen, to take Chris back to Disney.

Chris was so strong thru all this and so mature. He was my strength to deal and help with all this.

We miss Jackie and know that now, Jackie is with our Lord and in no more pain or suffering. Jackie is always in our hearts and always in our mind. She is with us wherever we go and we will NEVER EVER forget her. We are going back but it will be hard. I have to stay strong for Chris.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. God bless you all.

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your beloved wife.

My husband passed when my two girls were young teens, and I know you have a rough road ahead. But children give you a reason to go on, and your son will be a great comfort to you as well.

I will not kid you, the first trip back to WDW will be a difficult one. But, when I did it, I knew I was doing the best I could for my girls, to give them a sense of normalcy and most of all to keep the tradition of visiting a place that held many wonderful memories for them with their dad.

Best wishes, and come visit us here as we can provide support and friendship for you....

I am really sorry for your tremendous loss of such a beautiful person in yours and your son's lives. I will be saying a special prayer for all of you.

((((HUGS))))

I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss. The love you proclaim for your wife is beautiful and rare - you were lucky to have each other. She will live on in your heart as you know. Take care of yourself and your son.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious wife. She was blessed to have someone as caring and loving in her live as you were. Sending prayers for Gods peace and comfort in the days ahead for you and your ds. May your trip be one of healing and a special time of honoring your wife. Blessings to you both.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your wife sounds like a lovely woman and I know you and your son will miss her greatly.

I am so sorry for your loss. Please try to take comfort in your memories. The pain does get softer but you never forget.

I am so sorry for your loss but I am grateful for the time you had with her.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in your trip to Disney and remember the good times you all had.

Hello,

Time has past but the hurt still remains. I do realize that the memories I have will always be there. My son also will always be there. He helps me so much. I am so lucky.

I just wanted to finally say Thank you to all who responded. It's not that I didn't want to sooner but memories of the past brought me here and I decided it was time.

I apologize for not writing you all sooner but I really do appreciate and thank you all for your prayers for my family.

You all are very special to me and my son Chris.

God Bless You All and again, Thank You.

Ed

Glad you and your son are finding your way, together. I'm sure it's still painful and hard. Hopefully someday, you'll be able to get to Disney to honor your wife's memory and be able to enjoy it. She was lucky to have your both. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter