Worst bus service goes to....

I have to say AK both Jambo and kidani. 40 minute waits several times....always to MK.

We also had preferred and we were told that we could request anything, but chances are we wouldn't get Grandstand because it is not preferred.

We were in the Springs. After our first 40 minute wait for bus that could take a scooter, we decided to walk/ride over to Grandstand whenever we could.

But keep in mind, it wasn't just because I use a scooter. When they eventually got an empty bus to the Springs, it was full from just that one stop. You see, the Springs is also the bus stop for the Tree House Villas. So it does double duty.

This was our first and hopefully our only stay at Saratooga so I don't know what to suggest for you.

Oh so Grandstand is the first stop? I understand. I will have to look at the map to understand better. It might not be worth keeping the Preferred room if I can switch it. Maybe we will just drive to the parks except for Magic Kingdom. Thank you for the information!

I have to say AK both Jambo and kidani. 40 minute waits several times....always to MK.

I have stayed at AKL and overall think the bus service is perfectly sufficient.

However the MK bus service is REALLY bad, like 3 Epcot buses coming in the time one MK bus comes.

AKL gets some criticism for bad bus service, however in my experience it could be a lot better, but is certainly no deterrent from staying there.

it's just crazy that the deluxe resorts have the worst buses. I agree that Epcot resort buses are the worst, followed closely by WL. But not quite as bad as the boat service at WL.

Perhaps they don’t run as often/many as larger % of guests with rental cars.

We're just back from SSR and the bus service was, with minor exception, excellent. Our bus stop was Carousel--we were at Paddock but nearer to the Carousel bus stop. Carousel is the 2nd pick-up spot (Paddock, Congress Park, and the Springs come after) and I'd say it took maybe 15 minutes altogether to get to Epcot and DHS, a bit longer to DAK, and about 20 minutes to get to MK. I consider those times to be pretty good. Unless you're staying at a monorail resort, it takes at least 20 minutes from anywhere else to get to MK

Sometimes a person's timing is bad, like when you're at Epcot in the early afternoon and as you're going toward your resort's bus stop to get back to the resort, the bus pulls away. It can be a long wait until the next bus. That's what Uber/Lyft is for!

I don’t care if it’s a dead zone or not...considering what guests pay per day, I expect a bus to appear at least every half hour even if it’s shared between two resorts.

when we stay at Swolphin we never have issues, but our last visit we ate lunch at boardwalk,then waited OVER AN HOUR for a bus to springs afterward.... it was NOT fun,and since it's an EXPENSIVE resort I feel it's inexcusable.

After our last trip, the hubby decided that we are only staying at BC/YC from now on. We did POR and never once waited for less than 40 minutes for a bus leaving a park. And it wasn't at peak times either, we left midday most days around 1 or 2 pm and there would be about 20 of us waiting as all the other buses came and went.

POR was the worst bus service we have ever had. Agree with above poster. At least 40 min for a bus to get to the parks. Every single day

...the Epcot resorts! I have never had such horrible bus service from these resorts. We waited over 40 minutes for a bus to Disney Springs from BW with about 20 other people. Finally took an uber. Waited close to 30 minutes to come back. We watched buses come around twice for every other resort. BW was the only one with a line and it filled the queue. AK today at 9:00, 30 minutes. Leaving AK, same problem. We watched 3 for GF & Poly come by. Everyone is complaining about the awful bus service. We are talking to every supervisor we can so they'll be aware of the problem.

Remind me how much you paid for this bus service?

As it is at every resort. The bus service is not set up to be better at the deluxe resorts. And anyone who assumes that is making a mistake.
I don't expect better, just equal. Although with the new tiered parking prices I guess I should expect my parking space to be better! :scratchin

I don't expect better, just equal. Although with the new tiered parking prices I guess I should expect my parking space to be better! :scratchin

It is equal. Each resort I have stayed at has had a time where the bus service was not the greatest.

Worst bus service goes to...

The resort I'm staying in.

This summer we're trying the scheduled bus times of the DSAR resorts. So, we'll see which we prefer.

We have a 2 br Preferred. Should I also request Grandstand?

This is kind of disappointing to hear especially since we will be traveling with my partner's mother who has some health issues and limitations

Well better to know ahead of time

I'd budget in some Uber specifically to accommodate mom. Health issues suck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts