Would Austria, Germany, Czech republic be Okay for a 5 y/o?

MeeskaMomma

DIS Veteran
We at planning to take our son to Salzburg for the sound of Music tour when he is 5 (almost 6) As we plan the trip we keep adding cities, so I thought I would look into the adventures by Disney tour. The itinerary looks great but kind of intense. Has anyone been on this trip? Would it be too much for a 5 year old?

We at planning to take our son to Salzburg for the sound of Music tour when he is 5 (almost 6) As we plan the trip we keep adding cities, so I thought I would look into the adventures by Disney tour. The itinerary looks great but kind of intense. Has anyone been on this trip? Would it be too much for a 5 year old?

This itinerary is new for 2014, so I don't think you will get a lot of input regarding the specific activities included. ABD used to do a somewhat similar itinerary, but I'm not sure how closely the activities line up. We did the new Scotland ABD a few weeks ago, and it was also a packed itinerary. I think it might have been too much for a 5 or 6 year old. There was a hike that I would not have wanted my child that young to do.

As Calfan said, this is a new itinerary, so no-one has done it yet, although there was a similar trip a few years back. I don't know how close the itineraries are.

Here's what the FAQ for that trip says (the recommended age for this trip is 6):

While we welcome children ages 4 and up on our Central Europe trip, we recommend that children be at least 6 years old at the time of travel. This is based on several factors, such as flight time and jet lag, time zone differences in the destination, duration of the vacation, extended hours of daily activity programming, number of internal transports between experiences, potential for extreme temperatures in the summer months (and cold temperatures while inside the ice cave), and amount of physical activity (e.g., walking, stair climbing, and hiking). Because each child is different, call a Vacationista to discuss whether this is the right trip for your kids.
I agree that your best bet is to call ABD and talk to them. Only you know your kid and what he can or can't tolerate.

Sayhello

Only you know your own child but I will say that just returning from the Germany trip, I think it would not keep a 5/6 year old's interest. It was steeped in history and LOTS of walking! Of course, you are the best judge! :-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter