Would it be weird?

lorenski56

Earning My Ears
I plan on going to Disneyworld next year for two weeks and going solo. My question is, would it be weird to book a 1 bedroom villa for one person? I plan on doing lots of relaxing as well as hitting the parks and was looking as Old Key West resort as it looks very nice, quiet and relaxing. I was going to have some groceries ordered also. Thanks for any and all opinions.

The resort that has my heart. We have stayed in a two-bed and a one bed lock-off many times, the rooms and balconies are huge. I doubt we will go deluxe again for a long time so I say if you can afford it then go for it and enjoy.

If you have the means , I would definitely do it. I appreciate getting a suite when i travel to other destinations so that I have that extra space. I just tend to take shorter duration trips to Disney World and do not spend that much time at the hotel to justify the investment.

Not weird at all! I have a friend who comes solo who books one every time! Enjoy!

I would totally do this! Having the extra space and laundry in the room would be awesome!!!

Yeah, why not?? Lots of people books suites at hotels when they travel even for short trips just to get the extra space and a kitchenette. Getting the one bedroom villa gives you the extra space, a whole kitchen, and a washer a dryer, which I’m sure you will utilize all of that for a trip that length.

I always say, everyone gets to spend their money how they want, so if you have the points and want to use them for a one bedroom, do it and enjoy!

Yeah if you can afford it, the extra space, full kitchen and W/D would certainly be nice. I know I would go crazy for two weeks, even in a deluxe room (especially with no kitchen or easy access to laundry). Also just the psychic space between a bedroom and a living room is valuable and really helps me stick with the one room is for sleeping one room is for being awake/relaxing. If it's within your budget, go for it.

If I could afford it, I'd do it. I love the 1 bedroom layouts. I'd pick AKV (savanna view) or BL instead of OKW, but I'd do it. The full kitchen, plenty of space so I can "move in" and stay neat, the washer dryer, and just the ability to chill out for a couple weeks. Sounds like heaven. Definitely plan that grocery list well! (Or price out renting a car?)

Not weird at all, I travel solo quite a bit and enjoy a larger room. Plus you get all the benefits of a Villa. W/D, kitchen, etc. I'd also suggest looking into a Club Level room (if it's up and running and it's comparably priced), you'll save quite a bit of money on food and beverages.

I would not have even thought to draft up a label for this on my weirdness radar. Personally, I love having a lot of space around me when I relax. Since I tend to rack up more flyer miles than I can use, sometimes I shoot a big chunk of them staying deluxe, even on solo trips. Go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!