would/ will you bring your kids to Disney this year?

would/ will you bring your kids to Disney this year?

• Total voters

Princess2R

Mouseketeer
I've got a daughter who is turning 3 this year and I really would love to squeeze in a trip with her while there are such low crowds and waits!

My husband isn't convinced but he's kinda an anti- Disney person. how can I convince him!? 😂😂😂😃

We're all healthy, my daughter can and will wear a mask no problem, we don't hangout or know anybody high risk.

My daughter just reached 38 inches tall!! So , hello!! Great opportunity for sdd,mfsr,& 7dmt without the added stress of rope drop or fast pass!!!!

In my family, we made the decision that everyone would have to be fully on board for any travel during covid. If something ever were to happen, I wouldn't want tension or blame. We are going to go in a couple of weeks with DS5 and DS3. We are driving and we feel that Disney has a lot of safety measures in place. We will stay away from crowds. Sadly, there are a lot of reasons to delay a Disney trip right now. What reasons does your husband give for not wanting to go? Is fear of safety his reason? It's hard to force that issue right now because there are so many unknowns with the virus. If his reasons are a lack of value, that is also a legitimate argument but it might be easier to change his mind by arguing that wait times are low which makes up for some of it.

I think it's just not worth it to take that risk with your child. You would feel such immense guilt if you contracted COVID at Disney right?

We're not "high" risk either and I still don't want to take the chance of gambling with how it would affect me or my family. You or your child could have an underlying condition you aren't yet aware of- there have been several deaths in my area of seemingly healthy people who did not realize they had XYZ condition that made them susceptible to COVID.

I have very mixed feelings about the parks being open currently, but in watching some of the disney vloggers livestreams, there really do not seem to be that many families with young children there. A lot of the people you see in the background are adults or older children who likely are not as much a risk of touching their eyes/faces/readjusting their masks etc (though perhaps at higher risk of contracting so I don't know really what is better).

I do agree that it seems a much better experience with limited capacity and no fastpass. Wish it would remain that way for a while but I'm sure it'll change again before I'm comfortable returning to the parks.

Edited to add: We were there for 10 days in late Jan through February 4th and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have gone even then, even though the risk of Covid seemed so far away at the time.

Last edited:
Yup - T-minus 9 days. We changed plans to be entirely in the Disney bubble and of course we will take precautions. The kids know taking the masks and hygiene seriously is part of the cost of going. IMHO, Disney is THE model of how to get back to any sort of normalcy. I honestly believe we'll look back on this in a couple of years and say, "remember when we went to WDW and there was no one there?" I doubt we'll even remember the masks.

There is a 0% chance for a multitude of reasons:

• They won't keep masks on
  • They will hate having masks on
  • I will be all over them washing/wiping hands
  • They will be scarred for the real WDW magic
  • Not being next to characters might make them cry
The biggest and only one that I judge myself by as a parent. There may be a legitimate chance there could be long term issues with catch COVID19 for children.

People can say there is possibly issues for everything for a kid but I know those risks I don't know the risks here and is delaying my kids next trip by 12 months worth it? yes because if something did happen I would never forgive myself.

we made the decision that everyone would have to be fully on board for any travel during covid. If something ever were to happen, I wouldn't want tension or blame. We are going to go in a couple of weeks with DS5 and DS3.

Sorry that is not a thing a DS5 and DS3 are incapable of making any decision and incapable of resolving any potential blame from you as parents.

We went to Fantasia Gardens in June. We’ll be back and in the parks in September. My kid likes wearing a mask. 38 inch height can ride the barnstormer, drive on the speedway, and ride plenty of other things.

Sorry that is not a thing a DS5 and DS3 are incapable of making any decision and incapable of resolving any potential blame from you as parents.

Yes, agreed regarding the children not being able to make a decision. By everyone I meant myself and my spouse. We, the adults, are both on board or we don't go. I wouldn't entertain going if my spouse wasn't comfortable and vice versa.

Still planning on a Dec trip. It's the travel ban that's really got us worried. If it's still really bad we won't go. We will eat the money and try again in a few years.

We just got back Monday. DS is 2. We had an awesome time. We go often, but even with masks & heat, it was our best trip ever. The low crowds were so great with a young kid. We drove to get there. I’m not sure I would have have gone if we would have had to fly.

Me, the wife and our 2 girls are our way now. We should be arriving at Contemporary Resort right at 2:00 am. Just a quick 4 day trip.

I think it's just not worth it to take that risk with your child. You would feel such immense guilt if you contracted COVID at Disney right?

We're not "high" risk either and I still don't want to take the chance of gambling with how it would affect me or my family. You or your child could have an underlying condition you aren't yet aware of- there have been several deaths in my area of seemingly healthy people who did not realize they had XYZ condition that made them susceptible to COVID.

I have very mixed feelings about the parks being open currently, but in watching some of the disney vloggers livestreams, there really do not seem to be that many families with young children there. A lot of the people you see in the background are adults or older children who likely are not as much a risk of touching their eyes/faces/readjusting their masks etc (though perhaps at higher risk of contracting so I don't know really what is better).

I do agree that it seems a much better experience with limited capacity and no fastpass. Wish it would remain that way for a while but I'm sure it'll change again before I'm comfortable returning to the parks.

Edited to add: We were there for 10 days in late Jan through February 4th and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have gone even then, even though the risk of Covid seemed so far away at the time.
[/QUOTe
My daughter is a nurse and takes this very seriously . You think exactly how are family thinks. Is it worth the risk ? Even though you think all the precautions are there , there can be times that you could be exposed.

Well, I voted yes because I did indeed bring my one son to Disney on June 22nd when the DVC resorts opened. We brought the older son and left the two younger ones with their grandparents. We didn’t go to the parks because we could not do so but I would have done so if they were open.

That's a big fat nope from me, even if I wasn't pregnant. A) I'd have to quarantine at home for 2 weeks upon return. B) there are too many touch points along with way (we don't fly non stop) C) I can't park hop (which is critical to our experience)

As a family, we'd all have to agree to go or not to go. My husband and I are in the same mind set that there are too much unknowns. Disney will be there, and we'll just go some other time. I will admit, the short lines are tempting...but not enough to make us go. My healthy friend just tested positive 3 times in a row, thankfully she's asymptomatic.

We took a weekend trip to Dollywood assuming we wouldn't make it to Disney this year but our kids did so well keeping their masks on and the parks were so clean with plenty of "relaxation areas" where we could take a break from masks when needed. Because it all went so well we decided to take a last minute trip to WDW next weekend. Kids will be in school in a month anyway and I feel Disney will be much more sanitary then the "essential" places we are going like the grocery, school, gas station, etc.

Not happening. We'd have to fly across the country to get there. I'm pregnant. 1 year old won't keep a face mask on and 4 year old isn't guaranteed to not touch things/face/mask. Not to mention we have friends who are doctors who have been treating COVID-19 patients and from what we've heard it's just not worth the risk.

Absolutely, yes. We will be there in late September. It's only fair to mention, my "kids" are 27, 23, and 17. My 17 year old has ASD, and the mask will be a challenge. But he has been practicing when we go places here, and he loves WDW so much he says he will wear it in order to go.

My feeling is-and this is only my opinion-that you could die in a car wreck 1 mile from your home. You can get cancer, like my brother did who died last year. The best way to escape getting anything is to be responsible and in this case that's washing hands, distancing, and using common sense. In a car, you wear a seatbelt and drive responsibly. I had a major heart attack 8 years ago and had no idea anything was even wrong with me. I died twice on the way to the hospital, but had wonderful EMT's, nurses and dr's. and fully recovered.... I have been out and about since the first day they opened things and I wear my mask and wash my hands. I refuse to live in fear, and that includes Disney World. It is truly my happy place.

As far as heat and crowds, I have always said, I'll take the heat over the crowds any day of the week. I can deal with 95 degree weather if the lines are shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter