Would you do Oasis of the Seas for a single stop?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

We are currently booked on Oasis of the Seas for a short 4 nights itinerary with only one stop: Labadee (It’s been on my bucket list for a while now).

For those who sailed on Oasis (or an Oasis Class ship), did you feel like there was enough to do to fill up embarkation days+ 2 sea days? Would you say the Oasis is a vacation in herself?

Any specific recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

We were on the Oasis a couple of years ago and there is so much to do to fill your days. All ages are entertained. Love it!!

So far I've been on Allure and Symphony (with Harmony and Oasis booked). Oasis is now closer to Symphony after being amped so can comment based on Symphony. And all i can say is OMG...of course there is enough to do. Even on a 7 nighter, you won't get bored. From the swimming to the waterslides to the zipline to the Abyss to the rock wall to the flowrider to the mini golf, plus just the fun activities they have running. Central Park and Boardwalk are amazing to walk through, and even just exploring the ship. The entertainment on Oasis class is outstanding. Not sure if you'll get all 4 shows on a shorter trip but hopefully you'll see most (Aqua show is unique, ice show, additional show, Cats is the Broadway show which personally is my last choice.) And there are so many food options. And as per your last question, we always book Royal cruises based on the ship. I've even known to book something and then go "oh yeah, where is she going again?" If I remember correctly, you've been on Mariner which is a 3 or 4 night cruise , so you know what to expect on a shorter cruise. I would not hesitate at all if the 4 night is the one that fits your schedule.

We've been on Oasis and her sister ships Allure and Harmony several times. Yes, we would do it with one stop. To be honest, we would even do it with no stops. We really enjoy being on the ship and just doing relaxing things.

So far I've been on Allure and Symphony (with Harmony and Oasis booked). Oasis is now closer to Symphony after being amped so can comment based on Symphony. And all i can say is OMG...of course there is enough to do. Even on a 7 nighter, you won't get bored. From the swimming to the waterslides to the zipline to the Abyss to the rock wall to the flowrider to the mini golf, plus just the fun activities they have running. Central Park and Boardwalk are amazing to walk through, and even just exploring the ship. The entertainment on Oasis class is outstanding. Not sure if you'll get all 4 shows on a shorter trip but hopefully you'll see most (Aqua show is unique, ice show, additional show, Cats is the Broadway show which personally is my last choice.) And there are so many food options. And as per your last question, we always book Royal cruises based on the ship. I've even known to book something and then go "oh yeah, where is she going again?" If I remember correctly, you've been on Mariner which is a 3 or 4 night cruise , so you know what to expect on a shorter cruise. I would not hesitate at all if the 4 night is the one that fits your schedule.
I don’t know if we’ll get it but for what it’s worth, I’m a huge fan of the Cats musical.

I’ve been on Mariner (3 nights) and Adventure (6 nights). :)

We've been on Oasis and her sister ships Allure and Harmony several times. Yes, we would do it with one stop. To be honest, we would even do it with no stops. We really enjoy being on the ship and just doing relaxing things.

That is pretty convincing. :)

Yeah I'm in agreement. The only place I think the Oasis class ships aren't worth it is in the Mediterranean - and that's because there are too many ports of call there.

But in terms of what's on board, you'll be running into the dilemma of deciding what, exactly, to do. Not a bad thing. The shorter trip means prices for drink and dining packages are more palatable. Plus I think that you won't be fighting that much for deck space, although I really don't know how the adult area stacks up.

And Labadee as a stop is fine. It's not as good as Castaway, but a beach day is a beach day. I don't even think of it as a PoC, to be honest. I simply see it as an extension of the ship, since you can use your seapass card for just about everything (but bring some money to tip the locals if they help you out).

I’d do a 7 day with no stops. In fact many times we don’t get off to enjoy the ship when it goes to places like nasau. We love the bigger ships. Oasis was supposed to be our June trip. Looking forward to when we can return to cruising.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter