Would you get rid of your new washing machine if.........

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
.......when you were taking the wet clothes out of it, you sliced your thumb (twice BTW) on one of those little holes in it????:o

We just bought the washer a week ago. It's a GE and those little drain holes in the tub are obviously very sharp!!!:(

I would return it if possible! :eek:
If not, the least I would do is contact the maker!
Sad when you have to wear gloves to remove your laundry!

definitely contact the store where you bought and and further contact GE. Sounds like it should be on the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Comission) website as a potential recall.

I totally concur with IntenseBlue...

Contact the store where you bought it, try and exchange it.
Contact GE directly to notify them of their little "defect".
Contact the CPSC.

Laundry's bad enough without worrying about injuries!!!

Yes, I would want to return the washing machine. I would not only be concerned about getting cut, but what it could also do to your clothes.

The latest Woman's Day magazine has an article on purchasing appliances and mentions the PlanetFeedback website. You might want to check it out to see if others have experienced the same thing with your machine. According to Woman's Day this web site "posts thousands of letters written by consumers to companies praising and criticizing products."

Originally posted by Pebblszzz

Laundry's bad enough without worrying about injuries!!!

Amen to that, Pebs!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :teeth: :bounce:

Chellnjr....thanks for that website. Ckecking it right now!:D

You are welcome. Just don't spend too much time on that site! ;) I've been on it ever since I posted the link. :eek: I've only looked at the WDW complaints and compliments so far. I'm going to be on it all day looking up everything I can think of.

YIKES. I would ask them to replace it or to make it not dangerous. How awful, did you have to wash the load again?

Definitely! Not only will it hurt you, but it will ruin your laundry! That's a shame.

Amid and Tinkbell.......that's exactly what my sister said. Imagine what it's doing to the clothes!!!

Katholyn, I'm surprised I didn't have to do the load over again because I was bleeding bad!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

and Chell, gee again thanks for the site.....I've had it on all afternoon!! Quite a bit of info there!!!!:smooth:

Yes, contact who you bought it from! That is a major defect!

There should NEVER be any sharp edges onthe inside of the basket where the clothes are.

I'm a laundry tech, that's a major no-no!

I think I would try to return it too! I would probably be cut all the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter