Would you make a new booking for next year?

Tash87

DIS Veteran
I have been looking at prices for next August with BA and there are some really good deals at the moment :scared:

We was supposed to be booking for next year for my dads 60th but have said that we will skip next year BUT it is such a good deal :guilty: BA say that bookings are flexible etc but I'm still not convinced. Do you have any experience with this?

Somebody talk some sense into me please!

What would you do?

I wouldn't book anything needing more than a nominal (ie. loseable) deposit at present, such as Disney's £50.
Given the airlines' reputations for making things as hard as possible (BA in the news today - see below) I'd certainly have to convince myself it was such a good deal that I could afford to lose it if things go south (or don't actually come north from where we are now).

British Airways passengers 'stunned' over cash refunds stand-off

I am thinking of doing either 26th September14 night visit or Christmas 2021 for 14 nights but can't find out when either of these dates will be bookable

I am thinking of doing either 26th September14 night visit or Christmas 2021 for 14 nights but can't find out when either of these dates will be bookable
Disney are not taking any bookings for stays after September 26th. If you want a 14 day stay you can only book up to September 11th.

As we are a family of 4 the deposit is £350 - I wouldn't pay any extra. We have always used Virgin holidays and in the current climate I dont trust any airline/holiday company.

Another factor is we would have to buy Disney tickets now. Are there any companies allowing you to pay just a deposit but still giving you ticket numbers to book park passes?

I would take a risk and book but my husband is the sensible one and understandably doesnt want to.

I spent ages yesterday on the ba sale.

Can I ask what dates you found the August deals ? Everything in August I looked at was £££££

I did see some good sale flights for 9 nights overlapping may half term week for just under £1500 for the 5 of us. But we would prefer a longer stay in August if possible.

Yes I would book and pay the deposit, we usually use ba so getting a voucher if I cancelled wouldn't be an issue and the date changing policy sounded flexible.

17th - 30th August. Flying from Gatwick and returning into Heathrow but that's fine by us coz we will get a lift.

With the hotel its roughly £2200 :scared:
There was more expensive options for hotels but tbh the one we are looking at looks nice.

I think we are going to book and take a gamble :)

After doing a bit of research and reading reviews of the hotel, it seems that it isn't quite as nice as the photos show.

But there are still some great deals :)

And this surprises you? :-)
I guess we've been lucky with our previous hotels/resorts because yes, it did surprise me. I know you usually get one or two bad reviews but the images really don't tally up with how bad it actually is.
I'm just glad we didn't book before I researched it first!

Our last 2 trips have been to the Grand Floridian and Port Orleans Riverside with Dining plan. Our next trip was meant to be Animal Kingdom Lodge but obviously that has been scaled down :(

We had always planned to be there for WDW's 50th so we booked POR from 23rd Sep - 7 Oct with 14 day tickets and QSDP. This was booked before bookings, tickets sales etc were paused. When it comes to booking flights we'll either wait a little longer than usual until there's a bit more certainty, or if we can, book with a hotel night to do it as a package. Disney have since cancelled the dining plan and we're playing wait and see with regards to POR.

Even with the booking in place, everything feels a bit uncertain at the moment.

All that said, we had been booked to travel to Boston this week with BA and had no issues at all getting refunds for our deposit and seat selection fees.

We were planning on April/May next year but have now put that off 'til April 2022. Hoping that things will be back to normal by then with the usual free dining offers and POFQ open again.

Despite hoping to go in October 2021, I wouldn't (and won't) be booking anything in the near future. Too much political, medical and financial uncertainty.

With Disney not taking bookings post September 2021, there is no risk of missing out as nobody can book. Likewise, flight prices are going to be volatile and airlines won't be committing to routes and capacity yet.

Once things (hopefully) start returning to something near normal, then I might start looking again but at worst, if it means putting my trip back a year or so to get a proper experience and not a half baked version then so be it.

So I know BA have been in the news for not giving refunds but I had my Sep 2020 trip booked with them and they emailed me and cancelled and gave me an automatic full refund with the extra costs paid for seats and all. I thought they were really great in their customer service response. I expected the worst but they really shined through for me.

Despite hoping to go in October 2021, I wouldn't (and won't) be booking anything in the near future. Too much political, medical and financial uncertainty.

With Disney not taking bookings post September 2021, there is no risk of missing out as nobody can book. Likewise, flight prices are going to be volatile and airlines won't be committing to routes and capacity yet.

Once things (hopefully) start returning to something near normal, then I might start looking again but at worst, if it means putting my trip back a year or so to get a proper experience and not a half baked version then so be it.

I'm with you on this one. I'm looking at October/November 2021 possibly doing both Halloween and Christmas in the same trip. I certainly would not consider going much before then even if Simon Calder is correct with his view that the travel ban will be removed after the election.

Im banking on Disney and uni doing stupidly decent deals post vaccine. I wont be booking anything until atleast 3 months after i get jabbed. The fact im still fighting virgin for my flight money has put me right off

I have an open ticket with VA which expires on December 31st (I think).

So on October 5th my booking window for August 2021 opens and I don't really think I have much choice but to make the booking for then.

I have zero idea if that will happen but I guess I can pay for a date change when that time approaches if I need to.

Have hotel reservations and tickets already moved to next year along with a whole host of other activities which i've managed to move across to 2021.

It's a waiting game and all my plans were already in place but even if they weren't, I think i'd still be hedging my bets and making reservations for Summer 2021. Got to have some hope in all of this mess.
I would check on that as my open ticket was valid until March 2022.

We are booked in for our honeymoon at the end of April and just hoping for the best really! We've already had it changed twice with Port Orleans closure and Polynesian refurb :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter