Would your S/O let you go without them?

SFBayDon

D23 Charter Member and LOVING every minute of it
Would you be able to do a Disney Cruise and not take your partner? Mine is in the golf industry and has to work during the pod cast cruise. Therefore, I am going alone. Some friends have reacted differently so I thought I would ask the larger group, would you travel to WDW and do a DCL without your significant other?

Don

PS:S/O is very supportive of me going!

Corey and I have been together almost 10 years now. Last year, I took a solo trip to WDW in April. Corey, in turn, took a girls weekend trip to the mountains with her high school buddies. Then we took a trip together to WDW in December.

This year, I am going to WDW solo later this month and she is going to the FL Keys, again with her buddies in late September. We are looking into some sort of couples trip to take later this year. Originally, we were planning a Disney vacation, but have been giving the mountains and St. Croix a look over.

Corey and I are very different people. We are ok with that. We trust each other to behave. We are planning a future, not a disaster. ;) With Corey's job requiring constant travel, we would have to have a pretty good foundation of trust for our relationship to still be on such solid ground. Personally, I see nothing wrong with solo vacations. :thumbsup2

Would he let me go? Probably - but he would have a very hard time with it - so would I. I travel a lot for business and he's used to me doing so - I've been to WDW many times on business without him. It's always hard for me to be there without him. I guess I never understood partners vacationing separately. I'm sure it's more common than I think, and there are situations where it's done. I look forward to our vacations together and would imagine having a very hard time enjoying myself without him.

Just my .01 cents ;)

I have zero issues with my partner going without me, my schedule can be very hectic (my Blackberry Calendar is nothing but blue lines for weeks in advance), and I realize he wants to enjoy his vacation.

I too travel all most all the time for work. To vacation without my wife holds no interest to me. That it is enjoyable and acceptable to others is wonderful! It's just not for us. We spend too much time apart as it is.

I travel solo all the time, and sometimes with friends, while my partner is left at home. :( I have a lot more leave and I certainly use it...so we can't always go everywhere together. But this is a GREAT year. We will both be flying over 25,000 (elite status, I'm hoping to reach gold [50k]) miles this year...off to the west coast many times. SF 3 times, SoCal, Vegas, and I'll be headed to Orlando several times.

I'm usually traveling to Orlando solo as it's for work (@ WDW). Sometimes I take a weekend trip to see friends in NYC and that is solo, too. I did once take a cruise sans partner but with friends and my sister. I was really tempted to do a cruise on my own this year (or with whoever) because I have the leave...and I *really really really* want to go...but instead we're doing long weekends to SF. I came across a $164 fare a few months ago which is cheaper than flying to Florida. I couldn't pass that up!

Shrek is an old Navy man, he loves to cruise! Go! Have fun! If I cant trust you on a cruise, how can I trust you at home? :confused3

Me? I'm a coaster riding drum corps watching kind of guy. I have friends I travel with, if he cant trust me on a road trip, how can he trust me here? :confused3

Now, do we travel together? Sure, we have a great time. But for us it's no big deal to get away for a few days alone, to meet friends or family, or to just travel alone!

James and I are very trusting and we both have traveled seperately for fun and (for him) for business. I hold the same attitude Mike and Shrek seem to have..."If I can't trust you away...why bother trusting you at all?"
Now, James and I love to travel together..but that's not always possible and we don't share all the same interests. We make sure that when we're apart we communicate often and when we reunite..there's lots of sharing and celebrating!....It works for us.

Don: I hope you have a fabulous time and remember to bring back something nice for your partner.

Well?
dancingdevilbanana.gif

No issues - he goes out w/friends as do I - I have been to WDW w/friends or DD w/o him and he and DD have been w/o me - Come to think of it DD has been w/o either of us(went with cousins/aunt)

Sue:goodvibes

Jamie - that's "rich" - Coming from you. :rolleyes:

Didn't you have a turnstile installed
at your bedroom door?
:rolleyes1

I just want to sure I didn't imply that there is a trust issue with me and Chris - we just have no interest in vacationing alone. ;)

My partner gets all weepy and sad if I have to travel for work or something causes us to do things apart. We've only been together a year, so I guess I can understand how difficult it is to be away from me. :lmao:

I kid, I kid.

If he knew I was going to ANY Disney park without him he would be bummed. Not that he doesn't trust me, he does completely. He just would feel that he's missing out on so much. So I promised him I would never go without him.

Ah, the sacrifices we make....

Never a trust issue...simply, we don't like to be apart. She goes to visit family once each year, alone and we hate it. Vacation time for us is GOLDEN. I guess, I'd be crushed if she WANTED to go without me, and vice versa...then again, we're still in the HONEYMOON PHASE!! :love: I guess you'll have to check back in 10 years! ;)

Jamie - that's "rich" - Coming from you. :rolleyes:

Didn't you have a turnstile installed
at your bedroom door?
:rolleyes1

You've had more riders that it's a small world, and from what i've been told as much fun.
Now for the OP
I have to much fun with Benji to go anywhere without him.

Thanks everyone for the perspectives. It is great to see several different responses. This is exactly what I am hearing from our friends. There is a mix of go for it, and I cannot image doing it without my partner.

We do travel on our own for business and for pleasure. Some of my travel requires me to me in Asia for a month at a time. Because of the crazy work schedules we do not always get to vacation at the same time of year. Trust is not the issue, we have been together for over 6 years, and have worked through all of that.

Going on a Disney cruise a big part of the experience is sharing the times with your travel mates. Since I am not going to know anyone on the ship, it will be time to make new friends. Clearly being the DIS podcast cruise there will be many cool people to meet and get to know.

Thanks everyone for the input.
Don

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter