WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Your fireworks photos turned out beautifully!!

And that brownie skillet :cloud9: .... I simply NEED that recipe ::yes::.

You know what really surprised me? How tasty the rice krispie treats were (the ones they gave us at we disembarked). I wasn't expecting much, but they were absolutely delicious!

Your fireworks photos turned out beautifully!!

And that brownie skillet :cloud9: .... I simply NEED that recipe ::yes::.

You know what really surprised me? How tasty the rice krispie treats were (the ones they gave us at we disembarked). I wasn't expecting much, but they were absolutely delicious!

Thanks! :)

Yes- that brownie skillet was amazing! I'm afraid if I do get the recipe that I'll eat way too much of it!!:laughing:

I agree- the rice krispie treat was very good. :thumbsup2 I'm not a fan of rice krispie treats, but I tried this one and liked it! It was a fond reminder of our spectacular night!:goodvibes

We arrived at The Contemporary resort and valet parked our car. With my Tables in Wonderland discount card, you receive FREE valet parking while dining at the resorts!:thumbsup2

Now, on to our breakfast at The Wave!

Love the entrance walkway!

thumbnail_IMG_4080.jpg

Folks, we're not at Universal anymore! It was very crowded! We waited about 20 minutes past our ADR time for a table. I know that's not a long wait- but when you come from the HRH and Universal and are not used to waiting, it seems like a long time!:laughing:

Last edited:

The restaurant is lovely!

This isn't my picture! The restaurant was packed the morning we were there- no chance of getting one like this!

wave-restaurant-of-american-flavors-00.jpg

But, Disney knows how to handle crowds! Our server was very efficient! Our coffee and juice were served quickly, and we made our way to the buffet!!:thumbsup2

Here's Round 1 of our choices!:thumbsup2

Joe's:

thumbnail_IMG_4102.jpg

Mine:

thumbnail_IMG_4101.jpg

The food was wonderful!! The kitchen was very good at replenishing the buffet! The offerings disappeared quickly with the crowd! But, they were replenished pretty fast! :thumbsup2 We so enjoyed our breakfast! Our ADR was 10:00 am- we were there well past the last breakfast ADR. The restaurant started to empty a little, but the food was plentiful!

We were fueled up for the long day ahead!! It was so nice to squeeze in a little Disney magic before we left!:goodvibes

We took a little tour around the resort before we left! We've always loved going to the 2nd floor. It's where you check in for The California Grill. But, earlier in the day, it is so uncrowded. It offers the best restrooms, too! :thumbsup2

Such a pretty area!:) We've relaxed here many times- and enjoyed the peacefulness !! You would never know that one floor below is the bustling lobby area and up above is the monorail loading area with all the shops and restaurants! There was only one other family on this entire floor! They had a toddler who was enjoying a game of tag with Dad!

thumbnail_IMG_4112.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4113.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4114.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4115.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4116.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4117.jpg

When you walk out by Bay Lake, you don't feel like you're at Disney! It looks so remote!

thumbnail_IMG_4128.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4129.jpg

We enjoy renting a pontoon boat and going on a tour around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. It's such a peaceful way to spend an afternoon!:goodvibes It's also a great way to give your tired feet a rest!:laughing:

thumbnail_IMG_4130.jpg

Sadly, it was time to leave! We had a bountiful breakfast buffet and enjoyed a leisurely stroll around the lovely Contemporary resort. :goodvibes

Now, we had to turn in our rental car for a minivan at the Disney Car Care Center. We received a red Chrysler Pacifica with only 1,000 miles on it! This Florida minivan will not be happy with its new home on Sunday night- chilly Buffalo, NY!!:laughing:

Then, it was off to our storage unit to pack up the bedroom furniture! It took a bit to get the furniture out, wrap it in moving blankets, and pack it. We're always blessed to meet nice people everywhere! There was a young man moving items into a storage unit. He was kind enough to help us old folks out and assist in loading up the van! :) We were very grateful for his help!:thumbsup2

The minivan provided ample space for the furniture as well as our luggage!

Now, we were.......

512680e8270e402212013141744.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-13_11-11-10.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-13_11-11-10.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1
We left at about 2:30 pm. Our destination for Saturday was Charlotte, NC where we'd spend the night! We arrived in Charlotte about midnight. We made a few stops on the way- our old bones can't sit in the car too long!:laughing:

We were staying at a Residence Inn in Charlotte. Sunday morning we slept in, had a great breakfast at the hotel, and started Phase 2 of our travels!

We arrived home Sunday night a little after midnight! Phew!!!! We made it!!:jumping1:

Off to bed- the next day was a work day! Joe returned the minivan to the airport on his way to work and picked up our minivan!!

adbdb6ea88d333b678d3801278b1775924bdc42e4502ae90af6814be77328fd3.jpg

So, this TR encompassed 4 separate trips this year!! :thumbsup2

2018 was certainly a crazy year for my family. Troy spent seven months in Orlando working the Disney College program. We were busy from November 2017-January 2018 finding him an apartment and moving him in. Disney provides housing, but he wanted his own place. He's been living at home attending college locally and is used to his own space. Plus, we figured why not get a place so that we can stay there as well when we visit him?? :cool1: So we made many visits in 2018 to check in on Troy. It was the first time he way away from home and we worried so! But, he did great on his own!! So proud of him! He extended his DCP and graduated in July!!

thumbnail_IMG_8920.jpg

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Kyle had been accepted to medical school at Barry University back in April. He and his GF, Erin, got engaged in the spring, too!:goodvibes She was planning to move with him to the Ft. Lauderdale area while he attends school for the next four years!

Our engagement celebration dinner:

thumbnail_IMG_1858.jpg

Last edited:
Erin is a registered nurse and found a job in Florida quickly. So, the big move encompassed a few trips to Florida. First, was a trip in late June to ready their apartment for the move- cleaning, painting, etc. Then, in July- Joe, Kyle, and I moved their cats down to Florida. EEK!! We rented a minivan in Buffalo, NY and trekked 28 hours without stopping overnight so we didn't have to take the cats out of the van and into a hotel. The trip was pure exhaustion, but the cats did fabulous!!:cat::cat::cat:

Erin and her sister followed us so that she could get her vehicle to Florida.

Then, Kyle returned to Buffalo with us to clean up their apartment at home. It was nice to spend a week with him before he started school. We found time to attend Bills training camp together! We have season tickets that we purchased mainly for Kyle's use. Troy isn't interested in football. We will miss Kyle this fall!!::yes::

Bills Training Camp 2018 2018-07-27 17-43-01PM.jpg

We were going to miss him so much!! But, we were so excited that he would be following his dream of becoming a doctor!:cloud9:

Next, we had to get Kyle's car to Florida- so Kyle and I made the drive together, as Joe had a work project he had to take care of. This was Trip #1 in the TR!! We drove together and Kyle left me in Orlando with Troy while he continued to his new home!

Spending a few fun days in Orlando helped cheer me up from the reality of Kyle moving so far away! But.... he's in Florida :sunny: and only 3 hours from Orlando:goodvibes. We'll see them often!!:cool1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!