Wow-Availability (or lack of it)!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm not complaining-it's a side effect of the current situation and all the vacations that had to be cancelled/rescheduled. This is just a warning-I just went to check to possibly reschedule my September vacation to January, and there was virtually NO availability. Even OKW, a relatively large and "easy to book" resort, was booked for a couple nights in January for studios and one bedrooms. And although it's a solo trip, if I want to stay at AKL-Jambo, I may have to stay in a one bedroom-studios are few and far between. So if you're considering rescheduling, start looking now. It's unfortunate, but true!

I don't pay attention to other resort's availability since I don't own there, but for OKW studios, it's only the near hospitality house category that has dates unavailable and it's the dates of Marathon weekend and MLK weekend. The one bedroom NH is only missing one day in the entire month.That's the same lack of availability for those dates as was seen last year at this time as they're both popular weekends. No need for panic. :confused3

It looks slim for studios through most of Fall and of course the 1st 2 weeks of Dec. January and Feb are pretty open if you can book before the 7 month window. It would be nice if they would lift that rule temporarily for those who were canceled this Spring. But, I’m sure there are legal implications they have to be considerate of.

A lot of people pushed dates without even knowing if they will really travel at that time. I guarantee a lot of that inventory will free up as the dates get closer.

It looks slim for studios through most of Fall and of course the 1st 2 weeks of Dec. January and Feb are pretty open if you can book before the 7 month window. It would be nice if they would lift that rule temporarily for those who were canceled this Spring. But, I’m sure there are legal implications they have to be considerate of.

I would be seriously ticked off if anyone attempted to lift the 7 month booking window.

As far as I'm concerned, I wish it was more along the lines of owners 11 months, non-owners 3 months.

I agree I don't think they should lift the home resort advantage. That would really start some trouble if they did that and it wouldn't be fair to the home resort owners.

I don't agree with the non-owner 3 month idea, seven month booking window for non resort owners has been working fine for a long time. I for one don't really see a need to change that rule.

I'm really worried because we have a trip booked in July and it's way to early to know what will happen with that. However, by the time we know if it will be affected it will be too late to book anything for later this year. Complicating it all is the week before our trip is a national dance competition my daughter is performing in, so we can't just reschedule right now because are already going to be down there. That is until they cancel the competition.

As long as we are healthy and safe I can't really complain though. We'll get there when we get there and might just have extra points to use next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter