"Wow... those people must be REALLY hungry" - our 13 day eating extravaganza! **Updated 9/30**

dreamin'boutdis

Mouseketeer
Hello! Welcome to my first Dining Report! I've loved reading (lurking) along in this forum, but I'm terribly shy, so I rarely (never) post anything. I'm trying to break out of my shyness (by posting in a completely anonymous online forum - lol), so here goes!

This is us:

Us resized.jpg

I'm Felishia - a 30-something housewife from Texas with a Disney obsession. Like most of you, I love all things Disney!

My DH is an Electrical Engineer/Power Systems Operator. He works lots of long hours to be able to provide for us, and I am so proud of him. DH also loves most things Disney, so I guess I'll keep him around!

We stayed at Pop Century in a newly renovated room from August 21 - September 3rd. Originally, DH was only going to be able to stay for a few days because his schedule changed and he needed to be on call for work. So the plan was for us to be together for 3 days, then 10 days solo for me. When I talked to a Disney booking agent to add the Dining Plan, she suggested that I be the only guest on the room reservation since DH would only be there for a few days, and we could just share my credits while he was there. I asked several times to make sure that was okay, and she assured me that it would be fine. A few days before leaving, DH suggested I upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan so I wouldn't have to worry about credits at all after he left. Of course, I was all for that! I'm so glad that we did, because Hurricane Harvey had different plans for us. DH was not able to fly back home to be on-call, and his boss told him to stay put safely in Florida, so he changed his flight and was able to stay the entire 13 days with me! We felt bad about only paying for 1 of us to be on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we went to Guest Services to ask what we should do -- but they told us not to worry about it because of the hurricane. We were free to use and share my credits however we saw fit. Yay!!

We have been married for nearly 17 years and have no (human) children, yet. We recently became licensed foster/adoptive parents, so literally any day now, we could have a child (or two) in our home! We're very excited, but also a little nervous! We have 3 fur-babies, 2 dogs and a cat who got to stay home with their favorite pet sitter.

At home, we typically try to a low carb/ketogenic diet... but on vacation, all notions of healthy eating go right out the window! I haven't gone through all my pictures yet, but I'm pretty sure you can actually see us gaining weight each day! We LOVE food!!

Here's our restaurant line up:

Via Napoli
Rose and Crown
Skipper's Canteen
Chef Mickey's
Satu'li Canteen
Tiffins
50's Prime Time Cafe
Hollywood Brown Derby
The Wave (breakfast)
'Ohana
Beaches & Cream
Boatwright's
Boma (dinner)
Mama Melrose Fantasmic
Hollywood & Vine
Crystal Palace
Be Our Guest (dinner)
Jiko
Garden Grill (lunch)
California Grill
Trail's End (dinner)
Yachtsman Steakhouse
T-Rex
Food and Wine snacks

Sounds good, right??? **Spoiler Alert** It (mostly) WAS!!!

Now let's just hope I don't screw this review up too badly!

Following along! That's a great list of restaurants you have there. Can't wait to read the reviews for all of them.

Hello! fellow Texan here, Harvey was terrifying! I'm glad y'all were safe in Florida. Looking forward to your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!