• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow, what a panic attack that was

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
Sitting here recouping after a wicked panic attack. Haven't had one that bad since April. I think exhaustion, stress, caffeine, and over-exerting myself exercising led to it. I am getting over it without taking a Xanax so I'm proud of myself for that. It is so rare that I have panic attacks that bad that they really scare me when they happen.

This wedding planning needs to be done and finalized so I can relax!

Oh boy YES, I know that feeling. Not a good one. Happy to hear you are getting over it.

Wedding plans can most certainly do that to anyone. Congratulations, and I do hope you can enjoy the planning somewhat.:love:

Panic attacks are no fun. Some people don't understand how debilitating they can be...for instance, I had real trouble with panic disorder in high school especially to the point where I would hyperventilate and pass out. My dad kept brushing it off and even getting upset with me at times saying that I was causing it and there's nothing wrong with me so I should stop being such a baby. Luckily I've only had a few since high school and I can now realize when one is coming on and can usually talk myself down. I've found that really focusing on my breathing and almost going into a meditative state really helps me.

Hopefully the planning gets easier and you don't get anymore attacks! :hug: Here's to wishing you a beautiful wedding!!!

I have found that my biggest trigger for panic attacks is when I'm tired. I'm surprised exercise did you in but I can see that happening. Being exhausted and then getting your adrenaline going with caffeine and activity and it probably just flipped that switch. Glad you seem to be handling it well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter