WWYD 1st booking

dez1978

DIS Veteran
We just purchased at Riviera last month. We haven't booked anything yet. There is a room available, preferred view, the week of thanksgiving. Should I go ahead and book it, or call and see if they can do a welcome home booking in standard view? its a 25 point difference.

If you are not borrowing any points for the reservation (and if you'd be willing to take the preferred view room if no standard is available), you should probably book it. If you can get a standard later, you can adjust your reservation. The risk you take is that you don't get any reservation if you wait too long - especially over a holiday week like that.

We just purchased at Riviera last month. We haven't booked anything yet. There is a room available, preferred view, the week of thanksgiving. Should I go ahead and book it, or call and see if they can do a welcome home booking in standard view? its a 25 point difference.

If you need to save the points, you could ask if they will do a "welcome home" booking in a standard. Once you make a reservation, they no longer offer the "welcome home booking".

If you are not borrowing any points for the reservation (and if you'd be willing to take the preferred view room if no standard is available), you should probably book it. If you can get a standard later, you can adjust your reservation. The risk you take is that you don't get any reservation if you wait too long - especially over a holiday week like that.
That's what I was thinking. I didn't want to take the chance I'd get nothing on a holiday week, so I went ahead and snatched it.

Go ahead and waitlist it. You’ve got a good chance it will be filled since they will release more rooms as they sell points and many times that helps to fill those.

Keep checking too!

If you do wait list, be aware that if it comes thru, 30 days or less before the trip, the points saved will go into holding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!