• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Cypress Palms, Orbit One and Westgate Vacation Villas

grammynelliebelle

DIS Veteran
DH and I are back from a three week stay using three of our Skyauction Blowout certificates. We decided to try three different places and would like to share our experiences.Perhaps some information will be useful to other Disers. Each stay was one week and Sunday was our check in day.
:goodvibes Get the popcorn:: as this will be long!
First week Wyndham Cypress Palms. We had a one bedroom full kitchen unit in a recently renovated building right next to the club house. We were on the second floor and there was an elevator. The unit was very spacious and upto date and had a nice screened in porch that overlooked a little "green" space. No parking lot view. Very comfortable king size bed. The staff could not have been nicer. I would say their customer service was similar to Disney property. We found out from other repeat guests that many of the staff have been here for quite a few years. We enjoyed the welcome wine and cheese party and a buffet breakfast. There were other more kid focused activities each day but we did not see any of them going on. Great free coffee /tea/coco machine available 24 hours and DH enjoyed the popcorn! The pool was simple, but warm and clean as was the hot tub. Very convient location off 192 but set back enough not to be bothered by the highway noise. Easy access to all parks and also to 192 resturants if interested. Other buildings undergoing renovations at present. Attended the "presentation" offered but not high pressure. Gift was $100 disney gift card. They are really interested in selling their high end products including Bonnet Creek. Would definitely stay there again.:thumbsup2
Second week: Orbit One. As noted on this board, the property has had some renovation, but is still a little dated. It seemed like they did some nice things to the units, but then left up the old ratty looking drapes and uncomfortable mismatched couches! It was clean and adequate. We had a two bedroom, which I think is standard for them and there would be plenty of room for a family with two or three littlekids. The second bedroom had twin beds and there was a second bathroom. Nice pool with two slides that the children (and some adults) were enjoying. Some of the units backed right up to 192. I would avoid this building. I think it was Neptune. We were in Mercury and it was not facing the highway. No elevators, but only two floors. Nice space and play areas for the kids. Breakfast room with coffee, juice and donuts Mon-Friday. Nice full kitchen. Great location, on Entry Point road that turns into Sherberth Rd and right in to Oceola Pky. Nice staff at check in and in the breakfast room. We did the time share presentation offered and it was a mistake! They send you down to another property (Parkway? I think) and it was very high pressure and very annoying. :scared: Not worth the $75 Visa debit card. It cured me of time share presentations. Since we do not need two bedrooms, I probably would not stay here again but it would be good for a family.
Final Week: Westgate Vacation Villas. By now I was very leary as I know this facility has had a reputation of being very hard sell for selling to anyone staying here. We refused the "presentation" on check in and aside from a little pout from the rep. we had no problems at all with being bothered. The unit was 2 bedrooms as very nice. Full kitchen, washer and dryer and nicely decorated. Comfortable king bed and second bedroom had two full or small queen beds and a second bathroom. No elevators but we were on first floor. Nice pools for each cluster of buildings. Many activities that families would enjoy including a movie theater that had disney flixs. Charge for some activities.Cafe and Pizza Hut on site. The staff there seemed very busy. Riding around on golf carts and in a hurry. Grounds and buildings were well maintained and building is going on in the Towers but it did not bother the villas. Good location on Old wilson Rd. Would stay again although we did not need the second bedroom.
I know this is really long, but I had lots of questions about the different facilities as hope this will be helpful to someone trying to make up their minds about where they might stay. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer as best I can.
All in all, we feel the vacation blowout certificates served us very well and we enjoyed our trip. We are fortunate to be retired and have the time to do this, and be able to travel in a non peak time. We also had the luxury of being able to "try" the presentations since we were not using up valuable vacation time. We gave our season passes a workout and especially enjoyed the Food and Wine Festival! Hope those of you who still have the certificates can get some good inventory without having to pay a bunch more. :goodvibes Grammy

Thanks for the review. We stayed at Orbit One in 2005 and just loved it. Our unit had been renovated and was really gorgeous. We have since stayed on site in '07 & '08 and trying to save some $ in '09 off-site. We'd considered going back to Orbit One....glad to hear you consider it okay :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter